The BC Ministry of Health reported 6,966 new cases of COVID-19 for a three-day period on Monday, January 10th.
There have been 283,841 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
- Friday-Saturday: 2,573
- Saturday-Sunday: 2,287
- Sunday-Monday: 2,106
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 1,067
- Fraser Health: 2,672
- Island Health: 1,249
- Interior Health: 1,393
- Northern Health: 584
- Resident outside Canada: 1
There are currently 34,551 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
243,953 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 431 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 95 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
7 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,446.
There have been 7 new health-care facility outbreaks in the province: Morgan Place, Maple Ridge Seniors Village, Dania Home, Amica White Rock (Fraser Health), German Canadian Benevolent Society Home, Crofton Manor (Vancouver Coastal Health) and Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health).
The outbreaks at Guildford Seniors Village (Fraser Health) and Victoria General Hospital (Island Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 43 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 7 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
Island Health has confirmed that they have discontinued updating their dashboard, which contained breakdowns of active cases by region on Vancouver Island.
As of Monday, January 10th:
- 9,,728,199 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 88.7% (4,423,328) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.2% (4,145,023) have received their second dose.
- 92.2% (4,271,751) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.4% (4,144,682) received their second dose and 25.8% (1,197,440) have received a third dose.
- 92.5% (4,001,930) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.9% (3,887,908) received their second dose and 27.7% (1,196,380) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.