The BC Ministry of Health reported 9,332 new cases of COVID-19 for a three-day period on Monday, January 3rd.
There have been 264,181 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
- Friday-Saturday: 4,033
- Saturday-Sunday: 3,069
- Sunday-Monday: 2,230
New cases were reported in these health regions:
Note: Case counts provided today are preliminary.
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 1,797
- Fraser Health: 4,859
- Island Health: 1,117
- Interior Health: 1,185
- Northern Health: 374
- Resident outside Canada: 0
The Ministry of Health will return to regular reporting of COVID-19 cases, vaccinations, hospitalizations and deaths, and cases and hospitalizations by vaccination status, on Tuesday, January 4th.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
You can view the worldwide statistics here.