The City of Langford continues to make its mark on Vancouver Island and the province as it celebrates winning two more awards.
According to BC Business Magazine, the City of Langford has been ranked the Most Resilient City and Best Place for Work for the second year in a row.
The ranking considers factors such as economic diversity, population growth, household financial vulnerability, resident sense of belonging, residential gas emissions, rental vacancy rate, residential sales, housing starts, change in jobs and annual unemployment rate.
“Although the last couple of years continues to be challenging for both residents, business owners and employees, this ranking is a strong signal that we continue to move in the right direction,” said Langford Mayor Stew Young.
“Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the City has continued its work to spur investment and new development in Langford’s core commercial areas. As a community we collectively continue to support each other as a resilient, diverse, and strong community. Everyone should be very proud of this accomplishment and recognition.”
These are not the only awards the City of Langford has won. Over the course of the pandemic, the city has also been awarded several other honours, including:
- #1 Most Resilient City in BC, by BC Business Magazine (2021, 2022)
- #1 City for Work in BC, by BC Business Magazine (2021, 2022)
- #1 Best Community in BC, and #18 Best Community in Canada by Maclean’s Magazine
- Most Liveable City in Canada, by RATESDOTCA
- Economic Resiliency and Recovery Award, population over 20,000 by the BC Economic Development Association (I AM Langford campaign)