Nanaimo RCMP believe they have sniffed out several possible suspects in connection to multiple porta-pottie fires last week, but need a witness to flush them out.
In a media release, RCMP said they’re investigating four incidents in which porta-potties located throughout south Nanaimo were deliberately set on fire.
City and fire rescue crews are being credited with a quick response ensuring the fires did not spread and the units were not destroyed.
All four fires were set on Sunday, January 16th and within a four-hour window.
“It appears that several were most likely started by one person and that a vehicle or other means of transport was used,” said Constable Gary O’Brien of the Nanaimo RCMP.
The locations and times of the fire were:
- 7:22 p.m. in the 800 block of Old Victoria Road
- 7:48 p.m. in the 100 block of Wharf Street
- 9:54 p.m. at Bastion and Skinner
- 11:55 p.m. at Terminal and Victoria Crescent
Investigators have identified several people of interest, however, no direct witnesses have come forward to date and no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information on the any of these incidents, please call the Nanaimo RCMP non-emergency line at 250-754-2345.