Are you looking to gain employment in Victoria’s largest school district?
Look no further than SD61, where they’re currently accepting applications for Spareboard Custodians.
Spareboard (relief) work may lead to continuing employment within Greater Victoria School District schools, and those on the on-call list can expect to work around 30 hours per week.
Those who apply will need to be available for calls Monday to Friday, as well as the occasional weekend.
Typical shifts during the school year are weekday evenings from 3:30 p.m. to midnight, and having your own vehicle is recommended as some assignments may take you to more than one location.
What you need to apply
- Grade 12 completion is preferred, and completion of a Building Service Worker (BSW) course is a definite asset
- Proven initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to problem-solve and possess excellent interpersonal skills to interact with students, teaching staff and the general public
Perks of the job
- Position falls under the CUPE 382 Collective Agreement
- Pay rate of $22.77 per hour plus applicable allowances and 11% in lieu of benefits
For a more detailed description of the position, please click here.
If you’re interested in applying for the available positions, you can do so by sending your cover letter, résumé, proof of qualifications and references to email@example.com.