It’s that time of the year again!
If you know Victoria, you know Be a Local Tourist—and for its 2022 return, it promises to be bigger and better than ever.
Happening from March 7th to March 13th, Be a Local Tourist partners with Victoria businesses who offer one of their products or services at a discounted rate—or for free!
The amazing deals are all offered for a week long event called Be a Local Tourist week, where locals can use the event wristbands they have purchased to gain access to a long list of incredible experiences.
This year, Be a Local Tourist is offering a massive 44 deals and freebies you can take part in, and you can grab your wristband online—even better, we’re offering a chance to win some—you’ll find those contest details below!
Though it’s hard to choose, here are just a few deals and freebies you can score at this year’s Be a Local Tourist:
Free wine tasting at Rathjen Cellars
Rathjen Cellars is a local farm-based winery specializing in low-intervention wines and ciders that showcase our unique coastal climate.
With your wristband, you can enjoy three free samples of their locally-grown, low-intervention wines. Rathjen Cellars is a farm-based winery located on the Saanich Peninsula.
- Where: 334 Walton Place
- When: March 11th-13th, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
50% off Victoria Butterfly Gardens
Enjoy discounted admission with your Be A Local Tourist Wristband to Butterfly Gardens, where you’ll see thousands of tropical butterflies (up to 70 species) fly through their large facilities – the size of almost 3 basketball courts.
- Where: 1461 Benvenuto Avebue
- When: March 11th & 12th, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
20% off Victoria Carriage Tours
Receive 20% off the iconic Victoria Carriage Tours, which include horse-drawn carriage tours the James Bay Neighbourhood and Beacon Hill Park. Can only be used for rides 45 minutes and longer.
- Where: 469 Belleville Street
- When: March 7th-March 13th, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Free Guided Tours at the Legislative Assembly of BC
- Where: 501 Belleville Street
- When: March 7th-March 12th, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
Visitors are welcome to join the Legislative Assembly of BC for free guided tours and to learn about the history of their beautiful buildings!
20% off single-day admissions at Malahat SkyWalk
Malahat SkyWalk is Vancouver Island’s newest outdoor experience providing the ultimate natural high, and they’re offering 20% on single-day admission tickets at the time of entry for wristband holders.
- Where: Malahat SkyWalk, Trans-Canada Highway
- When: March 7th-March 13th, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
25 % off admission at Butchart Gardens
With a valid Be A Local Tourist wristband, adults an receive discounted admission of 25% to enjoy the indoor Spring Prelude display, explore the early spring blooms in the gardens, and take a ride on the Rose Carousel ($2 per person, per ride).
- Where: 800 Benvenuto Avenue
- When: March 12th and 13th ONLY (Saturday & Sunday), 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
15 % off Afternoon Tea & Take-out Lunch at Pendray Inn and Tea House
The Pendray Inn and Tea House, ideally located near Victoria’s Inner Harbour, offers a delicious selection of afternoon teas in a beautiful 19th-century Victorian setting.
Enjoy a 15% discount off their Afternoon Teas and Take-out picnic lunch menus with your Be a Tourist Wristband!
- Where: 309 Belleville Street
- When: March 9th-13th, open Wednesday through Friday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For a chance to win 4 Be a Local Tourist wristbands (2 adult & 2 youth!), please do one or more of the following:
- LIKE Be a Local Tourist on Facebook, and comment below to let us know you have (1 entry)
- FOLLOW Be a Local Tourist on Instagram, and comment below to let us know you have (1 entry)
- SHARE this post on Facebook and/or Twitter and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 p.m. PST on March 4th, 2022. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they enter within 24 hours of the contest closing. Good luck!
- When: March 7th-13th 2022
- Where: All around Victoria!
- Tickets: Wristbands are $17 for adults and $11 for youth and are available for purchase online and at all 7 Victoria Save On Foods locations.