The BC Ministry of Health reported 1,117 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, February 8th.
There have been 335,042 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 180
- Fraser Health: 189
- Island Health: 175
- Interior Health: 376
- Northern Health: 192
- Resident outside Canada: 5
There are currently 24,372 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
306,888 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 986 people in hospital with COVID-19, 146 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
There were no reports of deaths from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,707.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreaks in the province: Rest Haven Lodge (Island Health).
The outbreaks at Langley Memorial Hospital, Cascade Lodge (Fraser Health) and Beacon Hill Villa (Island Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 55 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 26 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Tuesday, February 8th:
- 10,993,192 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 90.3% (4,499,531) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.7% (4,221,630) have received their second dose.
- 93% (4,311,850) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.4% (4,188,096) received their second dose and 50.2% (2,327,036) have received a third dose.
- 93.4% (4,038,891) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.8% (3,927,833) received their second dose and 53.3% (2,304,735) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.