The BC Ministry of Health reported 750 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, February 16th.
There have been 342,282 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 93
- Fraser Health: 167
- Island Health: 105
- Interior Health: 277
- Northern Health: 108
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are now a total of 762 people in hospital with COVID-19, 121 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
11 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,777.
- There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks in the province.
- The outbreaks at Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health), Arrowsmith Lodge and Woodgrove Manor (Island Health) have been declared over.
- There are a total of 36 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
- There are currently 21 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Wednesday, February 16th:
- 11,176,710 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC.
You can view the worldwide stats here.