The BC Ministry of Health reported 218 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, March 25th.
There have been 355,092 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 28
- Fraser Health: 45
- Island Health: 47
- Interior Health: 80
- Northern Health: 18
- Resident outside Canada: zero
There are now a total of 260 people in hospital with COVID-19, 50 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
In the past 24 hours, two new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,983.
There have been three new healthcare facility outbreaks at Amica Douglas House, Acacia Ty Mawr and Sunridge Place Seniors (Island Health).
There are a total of seven ongoing healthcare outbreaks in the province, including five in Island Health at The Heights at Mt. View, Selkirk Seniors Village, Amica Douglas House, Acacia Ty Mawr and Sunridge Place Seniors.
As of Friday, March 25th:
- 11,468,257 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC.
- 93.4% of eligible people 12 and older in BC have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 91.0% have received their second dose.
- 93.8% of all eligible adults in BC have received their first dose, and 91.4% have received their second dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.