The BC Ministry of Health reported 235 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, March 16th.
There have been 353,139 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: N/A
- Fraser Health: N/A
- Island Health: 30
- Interior Health: 182
- Northern Health: 23
- Resident outside Canada: 0
Note from BC Health Officials: Although 235 new cases are being reported, the total number of cases have only increased by 174 from Tuesday, March 15. This has resulted in no new cases reported in Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal Health and a decrease in the overall total number of cases in these health authorities compared to yesterday. This is due to data reconciliation from the preliminary numbers reported yesterday.
There are now a total of 329 people in hospital with COVID-19, 51 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
8 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,953.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak in the province: Surrey Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health).
There are a total of 9 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 6 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Wednesday, March 16th:
- 11,424,276 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 90.7% (4,523,491) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86.8% (4,328,146) have received their second dose.
- 93.4% (4,328,194) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.9% (4,214,053) received their second dose and 56.8% (2,630,945) have received a third dose.
- 93.7% (4,053,440) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.3% (3,950,298) received their second dose and 58.6% (2,535,038) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.