The BC Ministry of Health reported 237 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, March 15th.
There have been 352,965 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 40
- Fraser Health: 70
- Island Health: 34
- Interior Health: 69
- Northern Health: 24
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are now a total of 345 people in hospital with COVID-19, 50 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
There were no reports of deaths from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,946.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks in the province.
The outbreaks at Mission Creek Landing, Williams Lake Seniors Village, Fischer Place (Interior Health), Selkirk Seniors Village and Parkwood Court (Island Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 8 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 6 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Tuesday, March 15th:
- 11,420,286 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC.
- 90.7% (4,523,299) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86.8% (4,326,812) have received their second dose.
- 93.4% (4,328,091) of eligible people 12 and older have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.9% (4,213,713) received their second dose and 56.7% (2,628,454) have received a third dose.
- 93.7% (4,053,348) of eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.3% (3,950,013) received their second dose and 58.6% (2,533,113) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.