The BC Ministry of Health reported 249 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, March 31st.
There have been 356,501 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 55
- Fraser Health: 46
- Island Health: 56
- Interior Health: 71
- Northern Health: 21
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are now a total of 281 people in hospital with COVID-19, 42 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
2 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,998.
There have been 2 new health-care facility outbreaks in the province: Parkview Place and Monahsee Mews (Interior Health).
There are a total of 9 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 6 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Thursday, March 31st:
- 11,491,137 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 90.8% (4,528,450) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87.3% (4,352,964) have received their second dose.
- 93.5% (4,331,950) of eligible people 12 and older have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 91.1% (4,220,991)have received their second dose and 57.5% (2,667,279) have received a third dose.
- 93.8% (4,056,892) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.5% (3,956,215) have received their second dose and 59.3% (2,564,549) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.