The BC Ministry of Health reported 271 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, March 24th.
There have been 354,874 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 30
- Fraser Health: 54
- Island Health: 60
- Interior Health: 96
- Northern Health: 31
- Resident outside Canada: zero
There are now a total of 255 people in hospital with COVID-19, 52 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,981.
There have been no new healthcare facility outbreaks in the province, and the outbreak at Yucalta Lodge (Island Health) has been declared over.
There are a total of four ongoing healthcare outbreaks in the province, including two in Island Health at The Heights at Mt. View and Selkirk Seniors Village.
As of Thursday, March 24th:
- 11,462,806 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 93.4% of eligible people 12 and older in BC have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 91.0% have received their second dose.
- 93.8% of all eligible adults in BC have received their first dose, and 91.4% have received their second dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.