The BC Ministry of Health reported 274 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, March 9th.
There have been 351,415 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 36
- Fraser Health: 48
- Island Health: 77
- Interior Health: 84
- Northern Health: 29
- Resident outside Canada: zero
There are now a total of 405 people in hospital with COVID-19, 58 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
In the past 24 hours, 14 new deaths have been reported, including five in Island Health, for an overall province-wide total of 2,929.
There has been one new healthcare facility outbreak at Luther Court (Island Health).
There are a total of 15 ongoing healthcare outbreaks in the province, including seven in the Island Health region at Sidney Care Home, Selkirk Seniors Village, Berwick House Gordon Head, The Heights at Mt. View, Greenwoods, Parkwood Court and Luther Court.
As of Wednesday, March 9th:
- 11,388,672 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC.
- 93.3% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 90.8% have received their second dose.
- 93.7% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, and 91.3% have received their second dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.