The BC Ministry of Health reported 287 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, March 29th.
There have been 355,935 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 67
- Fraser Health: 75
- Island Health: 63
- Interior Health: 61
- Northern Health: 21
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are now a total of 273 people in hospital with COVID-19, 46 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
1 new person has died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,990.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak in the province: Ayre Manor (Island Health).
There are a total of 7 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 6 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Tuesday, March 29th:
- 11,484,833 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 90.8% (4,527,947) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87.3% (4,350,994) have received their second dose.
- 93.4% (4,331,521) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 91% (4,220,194) have received their second dose and 57.5% (2,663,607) have received a third dose.
- 93.8% (4,056,500) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.5% (3,955,515) have received their second dose and 59.2% (2,561,341) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.