The BC Ministry of Health reported 288 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, March 11th.
There have been 352,039 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 47
- Fraser Health: 71
- Island Health: 47
- Interior Health: 93
- Northern Health: 30
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are now a total of 368 people in hospital with COVID-19, 46 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
3 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,935.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks in the province.
There are a total of 14 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 8 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Friday, March 11th:
- 11,398,503 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 90.7% (4,522,145) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86.6% (4,318,406) have received their second dose.
- 93.4% (4,327,290) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.9% (4,212,056) received their second dose and 56.4% (2,616,170) have received a third dose.
- 93.7% (4,052,632) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.3% (3,948,614) received their second dose and 58.4% (2,523,786) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.