The BC Ministry of Health reported 340 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, March 4th.
There have been 349,944 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 41
- Fraser Health: 71
- Island Health: 65
- Interior Health: 113
- Northern Health: 50
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are now a total of 484 people in hospital with COVID-19, 69 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
8 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,903.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks in the province.
The outbreak at Polson Long Term Care (Interior Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 20 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 8 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Friday, March 4th:
- 11,361,559 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 90.7% (4,518,800) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86.4% (4,305,507) have received their second dose.
- 93.3% (4,324,618) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.8% (4,207,603) have received their second dose, and 56.0% (2,594,873) have received a third dose.
- 93.6% (4,050,202) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.2% (3,944,763) received their second dose, and 58.0% (2,506,597) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.