The BC Ministry of Health reported 506 new cases of COVID-19 for a three-day period on Monday, March 21st.
There have been 354,084 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
- Friday-Saturday: 200
- Saturday-Sunday: 170
- Sunday-Monday: 136
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 74
- Fraser Health: 114
- Island Health: 98
- Interior Health: 168
- Northern Health: 52
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are now a total of 271 people in hospital with COVID-19, 49 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
8 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,974.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreaks in the province: Selkirk Seniors Village (Island Health).
There are a total of 8 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 5 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Monday, March 21st:
- BC has administered 11,449,892 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
- 90.8% (4,525,281) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87.0% (4,338,756) have received their second dose.
- 93.4% (4,329,544) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 91.0% (4,216,654) received their second dose and 57.0% (2,644,222) have received a third dose.
- 93.7% (4,054,680) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.4% (3,952,512) received their second dose and 58.9% (2,545,653) have received a third dose
You can view the worldwide stats here.