The BC Ministry of Health reported 556 new cases of COVID-19 for a three-day period on Monday, March 28th.
There have been 355,648 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
- Friday-Saturday: 207 new cases
- Saturday-Sunday: 197 new cases
- Sunday-Monday: 152 new cases
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 109
- Fraser Health: 110
- Island Health: 151
- Interior Health: 144
- Northern Health: 42
- Resident outside Canada: zero
There are now a total of 288 people in hospital with COVID-19, 48 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
In the past 72 hours, six new deaths have been reported, including two in Island Health, for an overall total of 2,989.
There have been no new healthcare facility outbreaks in the province, with the outbreak at Hillside Village (Interior Health) now declared over.
There are a total of six ongoing healthcare outbreaks in the province, including five in Island Health at The Heights at Mt. View, Selkirk Seniors Village, Amica Douglas House, Acacia Ty Mawr and Sunridge Place Seniors.
As of Monday, March 28th:
- 11,481,922 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC.
- 93.4% of eligible people 12 and older in BC have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 91% have received their second dose.
- 93.8% of all eligible adults in BC have received their first dose, and 91.4% have received their second dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.