The BC Ministry of Health reported 997 new cases of COVID-19 for a three-day period on Monday, March 7th. The Island Health reported 204 of those new cases.
There have been 350,941 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
- Friday-Saturday: 385
- Saturday-Sunday: 327
- Sunday-Monday: 285
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 209
- Fraser Health: 263
- Island Health: 204
- Interior Health: 242
- Northern Health: 79
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are now a total of 449 people in hospital with COVID-19, 63 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
11 new people have died from COVID-related causes since Friday, bringing the provincial death toll to 2,914. One of those deaths were in the Island Health region.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks in the province.
The outbreaks at Menno Home, Cascade Gardens Seniors Community (Fraser Health) and Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 17 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 8 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Monday, March 7th:
- 11,379,437 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 90.7% (4,520,196) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86.5% (4,311,761) have received their second dose.
- 93.3% (4,325,628) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.8% (4,209,151) received their second dose and 56.2% (2,605,260) have received a third dose.
- 93.7% (4,051,129) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.2% (3,946,098) received their second dose and 58.1% (2,514,841) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.