The BC Ministry of Health reported 199 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, March 18th.
There have been 353,578 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 18
- Fraser Health: 52
- Island Health: 43
- Interior Health: 72
- Northern Health: 14
- Resident outside Canada: zero
There are now a total of 290 people in hospital with COVID-19, 46 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, including five in Island Health, for an overall province-wide total of 2,966.
There have been no new healthcare facility outbreaks in the province. The outbreak at Sidney Care Home (Island Health) has been declared over.
There are a total of seven ongoing health care outbreaks in the province, including four in Island Health at Berwick House Gordon Head, The Heights at Mt. View, Luther Court and Yucalta Lodge.
As of Friday, March 18th:
- 11,434,211 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC.
- 93.4% of eligible people 12 and older in BC have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 90.9% have received their second dose.
- 93.7% of all eligible adults in BC have received their first dose, and 91.4% have received their second dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.