The sun has made an appearance!
This weekend, you can support BC Children’s Hospital, local musicians, farmers, athletes, TC10k runners and more!
Want to find out how?
Here are 12 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend, April 22nd-24th:
To mark Earth Day, Victoria residents will be able to hop aboard public transit for free on Friday in a push to have fewer cars on local roads.
On April 22nd, BC Transit and the Greater Victoria Transit Commission (GVTC) will offer complimentary rides on both conventional routes and HandyDART services.
On Friday night, enjoy the vintage roots rock and sweet harmonies of Rockwood, performing at the Loft Pub!
- Where: 229 Gorge Rd East, The Loft Pub
- When: 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., Friday April 22nd
Did you know that only 40% of kids with mental health challenges in BC are getting the specialised care they need?
You can help fix that.
This April, your spring cleaning and donation of old recyclable bottles and containers can help kids across the province get the help they deserve.
Every month, proceeds from recyclable beverage container donations at Bottle Depots’ three donation bins support a new local charity.
In April, all generated proceeds from those donated, recyclable containers will help support mental health programs at BC Children’s Hospital.
- When: The whole month of April!
- Where: Bottle Depot donation bins located at 3961 Quadra Street, 4261 Glanford Avenue and 655 Queens Avenue
This weekend, Pacific FC takes on the HFX Wanderers! Get your tickets now!
- Where: Starlight Stadium, 1089 Langford Parkway
- When: 4 p.m., Saturday, April 23rd
- Tickets: Can be purchased online here.
The Victoria Guitar Show is a celebration featuring talented builders from Vancouver Island alongside premier luthiers from throughout Canada.
The exhibition will showcase the best of their trade for patrons to discover some of the best manufacturers of acoustics, electrics, basses, pedals, amps and hardware.
This free event will be held on Saturday at the Victoria Conference Centre.
- Where: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday April 23rd
- When: 720 Douglas Street, Victoria Conference Centre
This weekend, bring what you can and take what you need at the Esquimalt Clothing and Toy Exchange.
The event will take place on the fourth Saturday of each month from April until June, free and open to everyone in all communities.
Clothing of all genders and sizes is accepted, as well as shoes, clothing accessories, books, video games, toys and more!
Take what you need for free!
- Where: 500 Admirals Road, Wheeley Hall, Esquimalt United Church (Entrance off Lyall Street by Rainbow Kitchen)
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday April 23rd
After being closed for nearly two years, Hecklers is back to fulfill your comedy needs. Every Saturday night, enjoy a comedian followed by Comedy Here Often?’s The Late show.
- Where: 123 Gorge Road East, Hecklers Bar and Grill
- When: Sterling Scott: 7 p.m., Saturday, Comedy Here Often? The Late Show: 10 p.m., Saturday, April 23rd
- Tickets: $20. Tickets can be purchased online here.
#ThrowbackThursday to this awesome video from the archives promoting the TC10K in 2018! A lot has changed about our look since then, but the vibes this year will still be the same! 😎🔥🏃🏃♀️#yyj #yyjevents #bc #victoria #TC10K #runthegardencity #run #walk #10K #familyrun pic.twitter.com/da3xIZV7dh
— TC10K (@TC10K) March 10, 2022
Lace up those running shoes—one of Victoria’s most spectacular and scenic community events returns in person following a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In its 33rd year, the Times Colonist 10K is back with the motto “Better Together!” and is set for this Sunday, April 24th, with athletes gearing up to hit the start line at 8 a.m. sharp.
As well, a virtual TC10K race is happening this year as organizers look to welcome participants from across the globe.
- When: April 24th, 2022, 8:00 a.m. start time
- Where: Start line is at Government and Belleville streets near the Empress Hotel and BC Legislature
Popular comedian Jim Jefferies is on tour and has just announced a stop in Victoria this fall.
Australian-American stand-up comedian, actor and writer Jim Jefferies is making his way across North America and soon, you will be able to see him live right here at the Save on Foods Memorial Centre.
General sale begins at 10 a.m. this Friday, April 22nd.
You can get all the information here.
- Where: Save on Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
- When: 7 p.m., Thursday September 22nd
- Tickets: Tickets go on sale 10 a.m. on Friday, April 22nd
We all love a good brunch.
Catching up with friends over a delicious meal is the perfect way to start a weekend morning, or any morning!
Now, OpenTable has announced Canada’s Top 100 brunch spots for 2022, after considering real reviews from real diners.
And 5 Victoria restaurants have made the list! Check it out here.
Although it may not be market season quite yet, a few markets have already begun and some operate year round on Vancouver Island!
Check out our ultimate guide to the sweetest summer markets on Vancouver Island here.
As the weather gets warmer, many begin their hunt for the city’s best fish and chips.
Perfectly battered, hot, crispy and delicious, served with a side of coleslaw and fries, it is the prime summer food to enjoy while sitting outside in the sunshine.
So what’s the best place in Victoria to get the classic dish?
You can check out the list here!