The BC Ministry of Health reported 258 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, April 5th.
There have been 357,758 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 37
- Fraser Health: 76
- Island Health: 49
- Interior Health: 85
- Northern Health: 11
- Resident outside Canada: zero
There are now a total of 334 people in hospital with COVID-19, 35 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
BC health officials say an update on the number of deaths related to COVID-19 will be provided this Thursday, April 7th.
There have been two new healthcare facility outbreaks at Overlander (Interior Health) and Cowichan District Hospital (Island Health acute care).
There are a total of 12 ongoing healthcare outbreaks in the province, including six in long-term care in Island Health at The Heights at Mt. View, Selkirk Seniors Village, Amica Douglas House, Acacia Ty Mawr, Sunridge Place and Ayre Manor.
As of Tuesday, April 5th:
- 11,508,767 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC.
- 93.5% of eligible people 12 and older in BC have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 91.1% have received their second dose.
- 93.8% of all eligible adults in BC have received their first dose, and 91.5% have received their second dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.