The BC Ministry of Health reported 357 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, April 1st.
There have been 356,858 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 82
- Fraser Health: 97
- Island Health: 52
- Interior Health: 103
- Northern Health: 23
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are now a total of 274 people in hospital with COVID-19, 35 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
4 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 3,002.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks in the province.
There are a total of 9 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 6 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Friday, April 1st:
- 11,495,364 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 90.9% (4,529,134) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87.4% (4,354,416) have received their second dose.
- 93.5% (4,332,566) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 91.1% (4,221,814) received their second dose and 57.6% (2,669,446) have received a third dose.
- 93.8% (4,057,469) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.5% (3,956,975) received their second dose and 59.3% (2,566,457) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.