The BC Ministry of Health reported 728 new cases of COVID-19 for a three-day period on Monday, April 4th.
There have been 357,500 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
- Friday-Saturday: 274 new cases
- Saturday-Sunday: 199 new cases
- Sunday-Monday: 255 new cases
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 151
- Fraser Health: 218
- Island Health: 154
- Interior Health: 168
- Northern Health: 36
- Resident outside Canada: one
There are now a total of 321 people in hospital with COVID-19, 36 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
BC health officials say an update on the number of deaths related to COVID-19 will be provided this Thursday, April 7th.
There has been one new healthcare facility outbreak at Burnaby Hospital (Fraser Health).
There are a total of 10 ongoing healthcare outbreaks in the province, including six in Island Health at The Heights at Mt. View, Selkirk Seniors Village, Amica Douglas House, Acacia Ty Mawr, Sunridge Place and Ayre Manor.
As of Monday, April 4th:
- 11,506,019 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC.
- 93.5% of eligible people 12 and older in BC have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 91.1% have received their second dose.
- 93.8% of all eligible adults in BC have received their first dose, and 91.5% have received their second dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.