The long weekend is here, and we are all ready for some delicious treats and time with family and friends.
This weekend, you could go on an Easter egg hunt, check out a Royals or PFC game or even give back to those in need.
Here are 13 things to do in and around Victoria this Easter long weekend, April 15th-18th:
Hunt for Easter Eggs
If you’re looking for the perfect fun-filled Easter activity this weekend, Easter egg hunts are a classic activity the whole family can enjoy.
This long weekend, spend time with family, try some mini egg desserts and hop on down to one of the many Easter egg hunts and events happening in and around Greater Victoria.
Check out our list here!
Watch a Victoria Royals game
This weekend, the Victoria Royals face off in back-to-back games against the Spokane Chiefs.
On Friday, Superhero Salute, presented by Dodd’s Furniture and Mattress and in partnership with Rise Together, will feature an Easter Drive.
All fans are encouraged to bring in easter themed donations (chocolate, stuffed animals).
All proceeds will be made into gift baskets toward 1Up Single Parent Centre.
Also, Victoria Buzz has scored you a sweet deal on tickets to this Saturday’s Victoria Royals game in celebration of Marty and Marmot’s birthday! Check out the deal here.
- When: Friday, April 15th; puck drops at 7:05 p.m., Saturday, April 16th; puck drops at 7:05 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
- Tickets: Available online and at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre box office
Check out a Ukrainian Easter Market
Attending a rally isn’t the only way Victorians can show their support for Ukraine this weekend. A Ukrainian Easter Market is set for Saturday, April 16th.
It’s happening at the Ukrainian Canadian Congress (Victoria Branch) from 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m., and all funds raised from sales will help Ukraine.
Stop by to purchase pierogies, Ukrainian borsch, cabbage rolls, poppyseed buns, Easter cakes, various pies, sweets and pastries and many other treats.
- When: 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Saturday, April 16th
- Where: Ukrainian Canadian Congress (Victoria Branch), 1112 Caledonia Avenue
Sarah Harmer at Capital Ballroom
Sarah Harmer is a Canadian singer/songwriter and environmental activist whose winsome vocals and wanderings in indie pop, folk, and bluegrass have bewitched critics and fans alike.
- When: Doors open at 8 p.m., Saturday, April 16th
- Where: Capital Ballroom, 858 Yates Stree
Donate bottles to support BC Children’s Hospital
Did you know that only 40% of kids with mental health challenges in BC are getting the specialized care they need?
You can help fix that.
This April, your spring cleaning and donation of old recyclable bottles and containers can help kids across the province get the help they deserve.
Every month, proceeds from recyclable beverage container donations at Bottle Depots’ three donation bins support a new local charity.
In April, all generated proceeds from those donated, recyclable containers will help support mental health programs at BC Children’s Hospital.
- When: The whole month of April!
- Where: Bottle Depot donation bins located at 3961 Quadra Street, 4261 Glanford Avenue and 655 Queens Avenue
See a comedy show at Hecklers
After being closed for nearly two years, Hecklers is back to fulfill your comedy needs. Every Saturday night, enjoy a comedian followed by Comedy Here Often?’s The Late show.
- Where: 123 Gorge Road East, Hecklers Bar and Grill
- When: Byron Bertram: 7 p.m., Saturday, Comedy Here Often? The Late Show: 10 p.m., Saturday, April 16th
- Tickets: $20. Tickets can be purchased online here.
Daniel Lapp’s Joy of Life Concert
This local event has a 20 plus year history of celebrating the best our city has to offer in toe-tapping folk, jazz and fiddle music with an array of special guests including the Veselka Dancers and Daniel’s wide variety of student ensembles.
- Where: Alix Goolden Performance Hall, 907 Pandora Avenue
- When: 8:30 p.m., Saturday, April 16th
PFC vs. Valour FC
This weekend, Pacific FC takes on Valour FC! Get your tickets now!
- Where: Starlight Stadium, 1089 Langford Parkway
- When: 1 p.m., Sunday, April 17th
- Tickets: Can be purchased online here
Easter Sunday Brunch
This weekend, Westin Bear Mountain Resort’s Masters’ Lounge and Terrace are holding an Easter Sunday Brunch.
Enjoy eggs benedict, honey roasted ham, salads, dessert and more.
Reservations required, call 250-812-3271.55
- Where: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sunday April 17th
- When: 1999 Country Club Way
- Price: $75 for adults, $35 for children (age 5-10).
Hermanns Jazz Club Family Show
This weekend, Hermann’s Jazz Club is hosting an all ages family show!
Lelolai FAM (Family Arts Music) honours creativity and inclusivity of peopl eof all ages and cultures, a tropical fusion of sound blending Folk, Funk, Jazz and Latin Rhythms in English, Italian and Spanish!
The event will be a special fundraiser with all donations collected from the livestream going directly to Arts on View.
You can attend in person or via livestream.
- Where: 753 View Street
- When: Doors open at 12 p.m. Show from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday April 17th.
- Tickets: $10 each. You can purchase them here.
Ukrainian Social Dance Fundraiser for Ukraine
On Easter Monday, learn some “Authentic Ukrainian Social Dance” with Ukrainian Dance Expert Vincent Rees!
No experience necessary! Dances are fun and easy to try.
Entrance by donation, with donations going toward Ukrainians in need.
- Where: 3277 Douglas Street, Ukrainian Cultural Centre
- When: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Monday April 18th
Indulge in mini egg desserts
Easter is right around the corner, which means soon we will be eating copious amounts of chocolate and desserts.
Across Victoria, restaurants, bakeries and confectionaries are putting an Easter spin on their products by adding mini eggs to their recipes!
There’s no hunting for these desserts.
Check out our list of places to get chocolate mini egg desserts in Victoria ahead of Easter long weekend here!
Make summer plans
Summer may still be a few months away, but for many, summer adventure plans are already in the works.
For the first time in what seems like forever, events are being announced, vacations are being planned and summer 2022 is looking bright.
If you and your friends are looking for the ultimate summer getaway, you might not have to go too far.
Sunset Island Resort, located on Sproat Lake near Port Alberni, is available for rent, making it the perfect summer getaway for you and up to 40 friends.
Read more here!