It’s almost farmers market season!
Get ready to buy some fresh produce, check out some homemade goods and support local in the sunshine.
There are plenty of markets across Vancouver Island and many are ready to kick off their market season!
Check out this guide to all the farmers markets on Vancouver Island this summer:
Summer 2020 marks the 31st season of the Moss Street Market. The family favourite offers local and organic produce, handmade crafts, artisan clothing as well as community education.
Moss Street Market now offers an online market with delivery and pick up options. The organization also runs a Winter Market (November through April).
- When: 10 a.m.to 2 p.m., every Saturday May through October
- Where: 401 Moss Street, Sir James Douglas school grounds, surrounding boulevards and Porter Park
The Esquimalt Farmers Market first launched in May 2015 and continues to be a popular summer market for locals.
The market promotes supporting local business and building community, and features a large list of vendors.
The market runs Monday nights at Gorge Park and Thursday nights at Memorial Park.
- When: 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 pm., Mondays and Thursdays
- Where: 1070 Tilicum Road (Gorge Park) on Mondays and 1200 Esquimalt Road (Memorial Park) on Thursdays.
The James Bay Market has been in operation for 28 years. Visitors can still support local farms, food producers and craft vendors when they visit the James Bay staple.
- When: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays from May 7th to September 24th
- Where: Corner of Menzies and Superior Street
Everything at the Goldstream Farmers Market is homemade, handmade or home grown.
Vendors offer local fruits and vegetables, fresh-baked breads and goodies, unique and quality crafts and textile creations. There is also live music, a water park and food trucks.
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturdays from May to October
- Where: Veterans’ Memorial Park, Langford
From April to October, you can find farm fresh veggies, crafts, baking, art and more at the Sooke Country Market.
The market is located in John Phillips Park, near the Sooke district hall.
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturdays from April 23rd to October 8th
- Where: Memorial Park, John Philips, Sooke
The Sooke Night Market is back for its 7th season, selling products that are made, baked, raised, caught, and wild harvested or 100% grown by the approved vendor.
- When: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Thursdays from June 2nd to September 1st
- Where: 2070 Phillips Road
This summer, take a relaxing drive into Metchosin country, where the sheep and cattle graze and the rolling hills beckon.
Buy your fresh vegetables, breads, jams, salsa, baked goods and gifts (or crafts) for your loved ones.
- When: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sundays from May 8th to October 30th
- Where: 4450 Happy Valley Road, Metchosin Municipal Grounds
2022 marks the 15th year of the North Saanich Farm Market!
The market is made possible by the love and work of many local growers, crafters, bakers, vintners and brewers and the dedicated volunteers and board.
- When: 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., Saturdays from June 5th to October
- Where: 10990 West Saanich Road
The Peninsula Country Market has more than 50 vendors weekly offering farm fresh products, jams and jellies, honey, homemade bread, cut flowers, assorted meats, organic produce and a fine selection of arts and crafts.
- When: 1528 Stellys Cross Road, Saanich Fairgrounds
- Where: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturdays from June 4th to October 8th
The Oaklands Sunset Market began as a community celebration, a space for neighbours and local businesses to come together and build community connections.
Now, the annual market features a selection of local farm & food vendors from June to August.
- When: 4:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Wednesdays from June 29th to August 31st
- Where: 1-2827 Belmont Avenue
The Sidney Farmers Market is back with artisans, baking, clothing, health and beauty, entertainment and more!
Check out their website weekly for updated vendor lists.
- Where: Outdoor parking area of Mary Winspear Centre
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sundays from May 8th to September 25th
Sidney will also be operating a Thursday Night Market, bringing the fun of the market into the weekday for everyone to enjoy!
- Where: Outdoor parking area of Mary Winspear Centre
- When: 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Thursdays from June 2nd to September 1st
The Duncan Farmers’ Market is located in historic downtown Duncan, selling a full array of produce, in-season fruit, honey, eggs, cheese, meat, seafood, wines and spirits, baked goods, plants and flowers, amazing local artisan creations, pastas, jams, pickles, food trucks and more.
The market runs year round, with different operating hours for the fall and winter.
- When: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays, April 2nd throughout the Summer.
- Where: 200 Craig Street, Duncan
The Nanaimo Downtown Farmers’ Market is Nanaimo’s original farmers market!
The market offers fresh local farm produce, meats, eggs, dairy, fresh baked goods, preserves and more.
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturdays from May 7th to September 10th
- Where: Pioneer Waterfront Plaza, Nanaimo
The Cedar Farmers’ Market features locally grown fruit & vegetables, ethically raised meat, sustainable seafood, potted plants, fresh-cut flowers, pottery, jewelry, food trucks, hot locally-roasted coffee, handmade gelato, all-natural bath & beauty care, home decor, and more!
The market will open at 9:30 a.m. for reserved Shopping for seniors and those with physical and/or neurodevelopmental challenges.
At 10 a.m. live music will begin and the market will open for the general public.
- When: 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Reserved Shopping, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., General Public, Sunday from May 8th to October 31st
- Where: Woodbank School, 1984 Woobank Road
Get to know who produces your food at the year-round Qualicum Beach Farmers Market!
For 25 years, the market has been offering an incredible selection of fresh produce and locally produced goods.
- When: 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., Saturdays year round.
- Where: 644 Veterans Way, Qualicum Beach
If you’re looking for a market with a fun family atmosphere, check out the Port Alberni Farmers market.
Visit for some homemade goodies, fresh produce and more!
- When: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturdays year round
- Where: 6211 Cherry Creek Road, formerly Cherry Creek School
The Comox Valley Farmer’s Market is held annually at the CV Exhibitions Grounds from April to October.
Enjoy fresh produce, homemade desserts, live music and more!
- When: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturdays from April 9th to October 8th
- Where: 4839 Headquarters Road, CV Exhibition Grounds
The Pier Street Farmers Market and Arts Fair in Campbell River offers a variety of homemade wares, arts and crafts, and fresh produce with live music, hot food and a vibrant atmosphere.
The annual event sees an average of 4,000 visitors weekly!
- When: 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Sundays from May to September
- Where: 540, 560, 580 10th Avenue, Campbell River Community Centre
Since 1973, the Errington Farmers’ Market has served the communities of Errington, Coombs, Hilliers, Whiskey Creek and Parksville with a goal of “Make it, Bake it, Grow it”.
- When: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturdays from May to the end of September
- Where: 1390 Errington Road
The Pender farmers market is sponsored by the Pender Island Farmers’ Institute, bringing together local farmers, craftspeople and food vendors for a fun summer market.
- When: 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturdays from May 21st to September 3rd
- Where: 4418 Bedwell Harbour Road
The Denman Island Farmers Market brings together growers and artisans to sell their vegetables, fruit, baked goods, art and crafts.
The market features up to 47 vendors and local music!
- When: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Saturdays from May to October
- Where: 5901 Denman Road
The Salt Spring Island Market is a popular market for locals and tourists!
The market operates rain or shine from April all the way through to October and features world class potters, jewellers, fibre artists, woodworkers, fine art & photography, body care, clothing and accessories, island tours and more.
- When: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday April 2nd to October 29th
- Where: Oceanside at Centennial Park in the heart of Ganges
Did we miss a market? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org