It’s time to wine down.
National Wine Day is Wednesday, May 24th, meaning it’s the perfect time to pour a glass of red and let it breathe.
To help you celebrate the day, we have created a list of 9 places in and around Victoria you should visit.
So get your friends together and celebrate with a night out on the town!
Stage Wine Bar pairs regional & international wines with eclectic tapas, including charcuterie.
On National Wine Day, stop in to try their changing and evolving menu with some delicious wines.
- Location: 4 p.m. to 12 a.m., Monday to Sunday
- Hours: 1307 Gladstone Avenue
Collective Wine Bar is Victoria’s premiere wine bar, with over fifty wines, live music and delicious food.
Their menu features sparkling, white, rosé, red as well as cellar and limited release.
- Location: 230 Cook Street #107
- Hours: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., Tuesday to Sunday
If you love Spanish tapas and wine, Bodega is the place for you.
Enjoy National Wine Day in their warm and inviting atmosphere, inside or out on the patio!
- Location: 1210 Broad Street
- Hours: 12 p.m. to 9 p.m., Monday to Thursday, 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday
With Vis a Vis’ extensive wine list and wine flight offerings, you will be sure to indulge in an old favourite or find a new one!
- Location: 2232 Oak Bay Avenue
- Hours: 7 a.m. to 12 a.m., Monday to Sunday
Did you know that Fiamo was the first restaurant in Canada to have prosecco on tap?
Their menu features bubbly, white and red wines.
- Location: 515 Yates Street
- Hours: 4 p.m. to 1 a.m., Monday to Sunday
Perro Negro’s menu features an extensive list of tapas, sherry, and wine from Spain, BC, and beyond.
- Location: 536 Yates Street
- Hours: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday
If you’ve ever been to Il Terazzo you know they have an extensive wine list.
The menu is quite literally a book, so you will be sure to try something delicious!
- Location: 555 Johnson Street
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., Monday to Sunday
L’ Apéro is passionate about cheese and discovering unique pairings.
Their menu features 6oz pours, 9oz pours or bottles of white, rose, sparkling and reds from BC and beyond.
- Location: 1028 Blanshard Street
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday and Wednesday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Thursday to Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday
At Little Jumbo, the menu changes daily and weekly to take full advantage of local, seasonal offerings, making every visit unique!
- Location: Down the Hall, 506 Fort Street #102
- Hours: 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., Monday to Sunday