It’s official; The Langford Station Cultural District is now open to the public, a revitalized two blocks along Station Avenue for artists and business owners to operate.
It all kicked off on Friday, May 20th with a grand opening celebration that saw Langford Mayor Stew Young with the ceremonial ribbon cutting, launching the year round arts and cultural district.
“To see this significant area of downtown Langford revitalized into a community gathering space celebrating local artists and businesses is really exciting,” said Stew Young.
The Langford Station is a partnership between the City of Langford and the Island Corridor Foundation featuring thirteen custom retrofitted shipping containers that host six artist studios, six business incubators and one community arts workshop, the Creation Station.
The Creation Station Community Workshop is available for members of the community to rent for their own event, pop up gallery, workshop and more!
The Langford Station also includes an area for up to five food trucks, formalized parking, picnic and chess game tables, a stage area for performances, a permanent washroom building, and an off-leash dog area.
Artist studios and businesses hours vary but are guaranteed to be open five hours per day from Thursday to Sunday. During this time, you’ll be able to view the artists practicing their craft and have the opportunity to purchase their work.
Interested in checking it out for yourself? Read ahead for info on how you can WIN a shopping spree at The Langford Station plus a sweet swag bag filled with goodies!
On Fridays throughout the summer, you can stop by 720 Station Avenue for Fridays at the Station from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., where you’ll find the Victoria Beer Society’s beer truck serving up cold sleeves and flights, live music, food trucks, and more!
Here’s what you can expect at The Langford Station:
- Local Artists and Vendors
- Six artist studios, where artists can be seen practicing their craft and offering their items for sale
- Six small business incubators
- While their operating hours vary, all artists and businesses are open for a minimum of five hours daily from Thursday to Sunday
- Arts Initiatives
- Murals created by local artists
- Stage area for performances
- Sculptures and interactive lighting displays coming later this summer
- Creation Station Community Workshop, which is rentable by members of the community for small events, workshops, pop up galleries and more—check it out online for more information!
- Plenty of vehicle and bike parking
- An off-leash dog area so your furry friends can join in on the fun!
- Picnic benches, chess tables and other seating
- Fridays at the Station hosted by the Victoria Beer Society, happening every Friday from May 20th to August 26th, 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. This event will feature food trucks, live music, an 18-tap beer truck and much more!
- Live music throughout the summer months
- Stay tuned for more events coming soon!
- Do you have an event idea or would like to host an event at The Langford Station? Contact the City at email@example.com
To enter for your chance to $50 to spend at The Langford Station PLUS a sweet swag bag filled with a hat, tote bag, camping mug and decal, complete at least one or more of the following:
- FOLLOW City of Langford on Instagram and comment below to let us know you have (1 entry)
- SHARE this post on Facebook and/or and comment below to let us know you have (1 entry)
- COMMENT below what you’re most excited to check out at The Langford Station!
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm on June 6th, 2022. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.
- When: The Langford Station will host shopping, food trucks and local artists year round; Fridays at the Station will take place every Friday from May 20th to August 26th, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and will include live music and beer taps!
- Where: 720 Station Avenue, Downtown Langford