Do you have a passion for the world of hospitality, and are you looking to join the ranks of one of the quickest growing industries in Victoria?
If you answered yes to above, the Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort might be exactly what you’re looking for.
Delta Victoria invites you to explore the very big world of hospitality, and are hiring multiple members to join their prestigious team.
When you bring your natural talents and passion to the industry, they will welcome you into their family.
No matter your specialty or background, they offer great rewards and opportunities to improve your skills. You will work closely with a team of inspired professionals who encourage and invite your contributions.
Extended benefits, travel discounts, on the job training, career growth, plus free gym and parking are just a few of the perks of working at Delta Victoria!
They’re even offering a $500 signing bonus for some new hires—$250 upon hire and $250 after 3 months—which is available until May 31st.
Plus, as a thank you for spreading the word on these positions, we’ve partnered with Delta Victoria to give away a one-night stay at their hotel—you’ll find those contest details below!
Interested applicants can apply online at jobs.marriott.com (Search Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe)—here’s a little more info about each position:
Second Cook ($23.18/hr)
- Prepare fresh ingredients for cooking according to recipes/menu
- Cook food and prepare top-quality menu items in a timely manner
- Test foods to ensure proper preparation and temperature
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers
Chef de Partie ($25.63/hr)
- Prepare special meals or substitute items
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish
- Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist
- Assist management in training, counseling, and coaching employees; serve as a role model
- Anticipate and address guests’ service needs
Maintenance Technician ($23.61/hr)
- Work primarily indoor to perform preventive maintenance
- Communicate each day’s activities and problems that occur to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
- Display basic knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the following categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building.
For a chance to WIN a one-night stay at the Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, complete the following:
- LIKE Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort on Facebook and comment below to let us know have (1 entry)
- FOLLOW Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort on Instagram and comment below to let us know have (1 entry)
- SHARE this post on Facebook or Twitter and comment below to let us know have (1 entry)
The winner will be drawn on May 18th. Good luck!
- Where: 100 Harbour Road
- Contact: (250) 360-2999