It is officially the first day of summer!
With the weather looking up, and temperatures continuing to rise throughout the week, we may finally be looking for a refreshing drink to sip under the sun.
And we’re in luck!
Not only is it the first day of summer but it is also National Smoothie Day!
So if you’re ready to officially kick off summer, here are 6 spots in and around Victoria to get your hands on a smoothie for National Smoothie Day
At FreshCoast, all the smoothies are named after popular southern Vancouver Island locations: Saanich Fair, Little Tribune Bay, Alert Bay, Funky Monkey, Girl Talk, Carmanah Rainforest, Mile 0, Sprout Lake and Witty’s Lagoon.
Enjoy a variety of smoothie options with almond milk, coconut water, peanut butter and more.
- Location: 3749 Shelbourne Street #202
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Sunday
At Jucee, pick out a smoothie with a fun name like Out West, Yacht Club, Pink Friday, Magic City and more.
They have a total of 9 smoothies and 8 bowls on their menu!
- Location: 701 Belleville Street
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Sunday
Rawthentic Eatery in Royal Oak specializes in vegan juices, smoothies, snacks, desserts and more.
Try the Anti-Oxidant, Glowing Goddess, Zenergy, Mango Lime Zinger or Sour Berry Blast.
Rawthentic uses local, organic, cold-pressed apple juice in their smoothies.
- Location: 4440 W Saanich Road #108
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sunday
Rebar’s slogan is ‘eat really well’, so you know their smoothies are going to be fantastic!The vegetarian restaurant’s smoothie menu includes 10 different flavours and combinations, including options for almond milk, soy milk or yogurt.
- Location: 50 Bastion Square
- Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday
Smoothies always taste best in the morning.
Morning people good truck offers 2 vegetarian and wheat free smoothie bowl options, an açai smoothie bowl made with oat milk and topped with granola and a peanut butter bowl with hemp hearts
- Location: 325 Cook Street
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday to Sunday
Iluka’s waterfront patio is the perfect spot to take in the first of the summer sun with a delicious smoothie bowl.
Iluka’s smoothie bowls are served in coconuts, including their Mermaid Bowl, Cabana Bowl and their Bondi Bowl which is coming soon!
- Location: 101 Island Highway #100
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday to Saturday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday