Are you ready to test out your pie-baking skills?
This Canada Day, the City of Langford has the event for you—and it’s as fun-filled and delicious as it sounds!
On Friday, July 1st, you could be a part of the City of Langford’s first-ever Canada Day celebrations at Starlight Stadium, which will include a Pie Contest among many other exciting events.
Interested in submitting your own delicious creation? You can sign up online here, and pies are to be delivered to the Concession at Starlight Stadium by 1 p.m. on July 1st, tasted at 1:30 p.m., and will be awarded at 4 p.m.
Judges for the contest include Vicki from Lighthouse Cake Company, Castro from House of Boateng, and Langford’s Mayor Stew Young.
If you’re in it to win it, prizes include:
- 1st Place Blue Ribbon, $100 GC to Lighthouse Cake Company & $100 GC to House of Boateng
- 2nd Place Ribbon, $75 GC to Lighthouse Cake Company & $75 GC to House of Boateng
- 3rd Place Ribbon, $50 GC to Lighthouse Cake Company & $50 GC to House of Boateng
Langford residents will be able to enjoy the first annual Canada Day celebration at Starlight Stadium from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m, which will include a long list of events such as:
- Pancake breakfast by donation
- Face painting
- Hot wing eating contest
- K9 Unit demonstrations by Westshore RCMP
- Firefighter Obstacle Course by Langford Fire
- Concession, food and beer vendors
- A movie under the stars
- Kid’s Corner
- Rugby Canada Course & PFC Inflatable Game
The city is also currently working with indigenous relations and communications consultant, Charla Huber, to coordinate a special presentation with local First Nations.
The concession and beer garden will be open all-day and the fun continues on into the evening.
- Where: 1089 Langford Parkway, Starlight Stadium
- When: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., July 1st
- Price: Free!