This weekend, catch all the firsts. Including the first home game for the Victoria HarbourCats this season, Uptown’s first ever Multicultural Festival and Westshore Town Centre’s Sweet Street event.
All across Victoria, there are so many fun things to do.
Here are 20 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend, July 8th-10th:
The Victoria HarbourCats are back in their first home games of the season!
This weekend, they take on the Kamloops Northpaws in three games from Friday to Sunday.
- Where: Royal Athletic Park
- When: 6:35 p.m., Friday July 8th and Saturday, July 9th and 1:05 p.m., Sunday, July 10th
Did you spot the pirate ship docked in Victoria’s Rock Bay area?
Don’t worry, we’re not under siege.
The world’s only Tall Ship Theatre is docked in Rock Bay, for its world premiere of a production called Virtual Rogues.
The Caravan Stage Company, the production company behind the show, says the performance focuses on the ethos and ethics of the digital future, and is described as “experimental cirque opera.”
- Where: Rock Bay, Victoria
- When: 10 p.m., July 8th, 9th and 10th
ReLove Market, a premier secondhand & vintage pop up market, is back this weekend at Market Square!
The event has been popping up all over the city since November 2021, featuring local artisans, makers in fashion, vintage, beauty, home and lifestyle.
- Where: 560 Johnson Street, Market Square
- When: 12 p.m. to 5 pm., Saturday, July 9th and Sunday, July 10th
A Taste of Victoria Food Tours offers rain or shine tours through downtown Victoria, showcasing the best local cuisine the city has to offer.
The Tour begins at Victoria Public Market and includes stops in Fan Tan Alley, Market Square, Bastion Square, Trounce Alley, Government Street and the Inner Harbour, with 6 to 8 local tastings along the route.
Reserve your spot online.
- Where: Tour begins at Victoria Public Market, #6 1701 Douglas Street
- When: Tours depart at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday
- Price: $74.95 per person
It’s the first of its kind, and it’s happening this weekend!
Uptown Shopping Centre has partnered with the District of Saanich to host its first-ever Multicultural Festival, featuring community cultural vendors, musicians and performances.
There will also be food trucks in attendance, such as Greek on the Street and the Yummy Food Truck!
The event will take place along Uptown Boulevard to celebrate multicultural cuisine, exhibits, and traditional entertainment.
- Where: The Boulevard and The Plaza at Uptown Shopping Centre
- When: Saturday, July 9th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Got a hankering for something sweet?
Don’t worry, Westshore Town Centre has you covered—with a whole street full of treats!
You’re invited to Sweet Street—a family-friendly afternoon full of sweet treats and delectable indulgences.
On Saturday, July 9th from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Westshore Town Centre is hosting a line up of delicious food trucks and market vendors enough to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
From cotton candy to ice cream to cookies, candy and more, there will be a ton of treats in store!
- When: Saturday, July 9th, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: The Cineplex parking lot at Westshore Town Centre, 2945 Jacklin Road
Keep the party going, Victoria! The second Phillips Backyard Music Festival of the season is this weekend and will feature international headliners mixed with rising local and Canadian talent.
This weekend’s lineup consists of Half Moon Run, The Beaches, Current Swell, Snotty Nose Rez Kids, Fleece, Hotel Mira, Old Soul Rebel, Witch Prophet and more.
- When: Saturday, July 9th and 10th
- Where: Phillips Backyard, 2010 Government Street
- Price: Starting at $75.08
The James Bay Market has been in operation for 28 years. Visitors can still support local farms, food producers and craft vendors when they visit the James Bay staple.
- When: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays from May 7th to September 24th
- Where: Corner of Menzies and Superior Street
Everything at the Goldstream Farmers Market is homemade, handmade or home grown.
Vendors offer local fruits and vegetables, fresh-baked breads and goodies, unique and quality crafts and textile creations. There is also live music, a water park and food trucks.
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturdays from May to October
- Where: Veterans’ Memorial Park, Langford
From April to October, you can find farm fresh veggies, crafts, baking, art and more at the Sooke Country Market.
The market is located in John Phillips Park, near the Sooke District Hall.
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturdays from April 23rd to October 8th
- Where: Memorial Park, John Philips, Sooke
Summer 2022 marks the 31st season of the Moss Street Market. The family favourite offers local and organic produce, handmade crafts, artisan clothing as well as community education.
Moss Street Market now offers an online market with delivery and pick up options. The organization also runs a Winter Market (November through April).
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., every Saturday May through October
- Where: 401 Moss Street, Sir James Douglas school grounds, surrounding boulevards and Porter Park
2022 marks the 15th year of the North Saanich Farm Market!
The market is made possible by the love and work of many local growers, crafters, bakers, vintners and brewers and the dedicated volunteers and board.
- When: 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., Saturdays from June 5th to October
- Where: 10990 West Saanich Road
The Peninsula Country Market has more than 50 vendors weekly offering farm fresh products, jams and jellies, honey, homemade bread, cut flowers, assorted meats, organic produce and a fine selection of arts and crafts.
- When: 1528 Stellys Cross Road, Saanich Fairgrounds
- Where: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturdays from June 4th to October 8th
Ross Bay Villa is inviting you to their garden party, the first one since 2019!
Entrance to the grounds and house tours are free. The event will also include $5 for tea and pound cake.
- Where: Ross Bay Villa, 1490 Fairfield Road
- When: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday July 10th
Summer just got a little bit sweeter!
After going virtual during the pandemic, one of Saanich’s sweetest events is returning to in-person at Beaver Lake Park this July!
What started as a celebration of the municipality’s agricultural roots has now grown into a vastly popular yearly festival.
The highly anticipated, all ages event will include displays, face painting, arts and craft stations, bouncy castles and more.
But most importantly, there will be strawberries and ice cream on sale for $1!
- When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday July 10th
- Where: Beaver Lake Park
- Strawberries and ice cream tickets: $1 each, sales start at 11 a.m., July 10th
- Admission: Free
This summer, take a relaxing drive into Metchosin country, where the sheep and cattle graze and the rolling hills beckon.
Buy your fresh vegetables, breads, jams, salsa, baked goods and gifts (or crafts) for your loved ones.
- When: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sundays from May 8th to October 30th
- Where: 4450 Happy Valley Road, Metchosin Municipal Grounds
The Sidney Farmers Market is back with artisans, baking, clothing, health and beauty, entertainment and more!
Check out their website weekly for updated vendor lists.
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sundays from May 8th to September 25th
- Where: Outdoor parking area of Mary Winspear Centre
As in past years, the City of Victoria has organized a number of summer events in and around Victoria including live music at six different outdoor venues.
In May, the city announced the CityVibe was returning, a virtual go-to guide for free events, summer festivals, arts and cultural activities, galleries and public markets.
The guide showcases 40 festivals and outdoor activities and more than 100 free outdoor music concerts and activities.
Bands will perform at various featured spots downtown, including Fort Common, Broad Street Pedestrian Zone, Centennial Square, Fisherman’s Wharf Park, and Cameron Bandshell in Beacon Hill Park.
Check out the full list of concerts here.
July 6th was National Fried Chicken day, but that doesnt mean you can’t still indulge in some delicious fried chicken.
Thankfully, the city is full of restaurants that offer fried chicken (with more to come), so there are plenty of options for you.
Check out our list here!
Looking to treat yourself this week?
Take a night off of cooking, gather your friends and family and enjoy a pizza party!
Domino’s Canada is offering a sweet 50% off on ALL pizzas ordered online between Monday, July 4th and Sunday, July 10th.
All you have to do is order your favourite pizza online and use the offer code 87EM to redeem the 50% off deal!