It’s time for date night!
When it comes to choosing the perfect date night location, there are so many things to consider.
Do you have a favourite restaurant? Or do you want to try something new?
Do you choose based on food? Ambience? Views?
We’re here to help make your decision a bit easier.
Here are 9 romantic restaurants in Victoria to visit on your next date night:
Vis-à-Vis is a wine bar offering French-inspired mains and charcuterie in a wood and brick lined bistro with an intimate vibe. The perfect spot for your next date night.
- Location: 2232 Oak Bay Avenue
- Hours: 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., Monday to Sunday
The Tapa Bar, located in Trounce Alley, feels like you are on vacation in your own city. Enjoy Spanish small plates and delicious drinks with that special someone.
- Location: 620 Trounce Alley
- Hours: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m., Monday to Thursday, 12 p.m. to 11 p.m., Friday and Saturday, 12 p.m. to 9 p.m., Sunday
Vista 18 Westcoast Grill and Wine Bar is located on the 18th floor of the Chateau Victoria Hotel, giving guests a view of the harbour and downtown Victoria.
- Location: 740 Burdett Avenue
- Hours: 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday and Tuesday, 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 10 p.m., Wednesday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 to 11 p.m., Saturday and 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday
Sauveur’s menu serves high-concept, artfully plated French dishes in a cozy location and intimate bar setting.
- Location: 658 Herald Street
- Hours: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday, 12 p.m. to 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday
Little Jumbo’s atmosphere is cozy, with a chill atmosphere. At Little Jumbo, the menu changes daily and weekly to take full advantage of local, seasonal offerings, making every visit unique!
- Location: Down the Hall, 506 Fort Street #102
- Hours: 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., Monday to Wednesday, 5 p.m. to 12 a.m., Thursday to Saturday, 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday
The charming Il Covo restaurant has vaulted ceilings, a garden patio and delicious Italian dishes. Reservations are highly recommended.
- Location: 106 Superior Street
- Hours: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., Wednesday to Sunday
Wind Cries Mary is another intimate restaurant, offering refined steak and seafood dishes and vegetarian options from its cozy Bastion Square location.
- Location: 45 Bastion Square
- Hours: 4 p.m. to 1 a.m., Monday to Sunday
If you ask anyone for a romantic restaurant recommendation in Victoria, you are sure to be directed to Il Terrazzo. The candlelit Italian nook has a large wine list, brick fireplaces and patio seating. Reservations are highly recommended.
- Location: 555 Johnson Street
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday to Sunday
Brasserie L’Ecole is another popular restaurant for date night in the city, offering French fare and wine. Their wine list is frequently updated.
- Location: 1715 Government Street
- Hours: 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., Tuesday to Saturday