Are you on the hunt for a career where you can make a difference in a student’s life?
If so, look no further than the Greater Victoria School District, where you’ll have the opportunity to help shape the next generation.
SD61 is looking for experienced and passionate individuals to join their team, and are hiring Educational Assistants for the upcoming 2022/23 school year and beyond.
The Greater Victoria School District provides public educational services to over 20,000 students in the Greater Victoria Area, encompassing six municipalities.
As an Educational Assistant for SD61, you’ll work under the direction of a teacher and the supervision of a Principal, directly with students to provide a wide range of academic assistance, monitoring behaviour and facilitating integration in the classroom and school environment.
In this job, no two days will be the same — you’ll be called on to facilitate student learning individually or in small groups, document daily progress, support students in learning social behaviour or life skills, supervise during recess or lunch and organize classroom items.
In this variety-filled role, you may also attend meetings with teachers, parents and therapists, or assist in the student’s personal care such as feeding, hygiene or toileting.
You can find a more detailed description of the role here.
The role also comes with these perks:
- Consistent Monday to Friday work
- Competitive wages
- Flexible schedule
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Start date of September 6th, 2022
SD61 asks that you have the following experience to apply:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- One (1) year Education Assistant and Community Support Worker certificate or equivalent combination of post-secondary courses in child/adolescent development, or behaviour management including non-violent crisis intervention techniques
- Current Level One First Aid
- One (1) year specific experience working with persons with diverse learning needs
You can apply by sending your your cover letter, resume, copies of relevant certification and references to email@example.com.
Though this role will begin as an on-call position, there will be a guarantee of Monday to Friday work, with many opportunities for permanent employment.