Breakfast food can be enjoyed any time of day.
And when it comes to waffles, there are plenty of options that can take your favourite breakfast dish to the next level.
They don’t have to be sweet, restaurants all around Victoria offer delicious savoury options!
Here are 7 restaurants in and around Victoria with must try waffles
West Coast Waffles
West Coast Waffles is a Victoria classic, serving sweet and savoury waffle dishes late into the night. The perfect stop after a night out!
- Location: 1235 Broad Street
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 11 a.m. to 4 a.m. Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday
Jam Cafe serves both sweet and savoury options, including fried chicken and waffles and apple cinnamon waffles. Yum!
- Location: 542 Herald Street
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
If you love rotisserie chicken and waffles, The Ruby is the place for you.
- Location: 3110 Douglas Street and 642A Johnson Street
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday and Sunday (Douglas), 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (Johnson)
Although Wanna Wafel is closed until the end of August for vacation, you will want to be sure to stop by when the doors reopen to try some of their famous, delicious waffles.
- Location: 560 Johnson Street
- Hours: Closed until the end of August.
Looking to satisfy that sweet tooth? Spoons Diner’s Dulce De Leche Waffles are smothered in an espresso caramel cheesecake mousse and topped with seasonal fruit.
- Location: 2915 Douglas Street
- Hours: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Sunday
Pandora’s Johns Place serves creative breakfast options and Canadian comfort fare. Try their Belgian Waffle (which can be made regular or gluten free) or one of their breakfast dishes that also include a waffle.
- Location: 723 Pandora Avenue
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday to Sunday
Thunderbird Korean Fried Chicken
Have you ever had a crowaffle? If not, be sure to stop by Thunderbird to try their megan & crow-waffle with boneless fried chicken thigh with megan sauce, cro-waffle, honey butter with applesaw and french fries.
- Location: 253 Cook Street
- Hours: 3 p.m. to 9 p.m., Monday to Thursday, 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m