Fall is here and so are the Victoria Royals, plus three other major events returning this weekend.
From catching the Royals home opener to experiencing a global tasting voyage with over 400 wines from around the world – there are plenty of mainstay events to check out today.
Here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria this this Friday, September 23rd:
Believe it or not, hockey season is back! The boys in blue will hit the ice for their home opener at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre versus the Spokane Chiefs.
The cherry on top?
We here at Victoria Buzz have scored you an exclusive deal on tickets to the game—only $15 each!—but there’s only a limited amount available, so make sure you grab yours today.
- When: Friday, September 23rd – puck drop at 7:05 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
VKC is a pop-up seasonal consignment sale event held for just two days. Shop an obsessively-organized sales floor of 15,000+ items from over 200 local families.
- Friday, September 23rd – Volunteer presale: 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., seller presale 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., new parent presale – 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Event is also running on Saturday and Sunday and more open to the public. See event page for details
- Where: Eagle Ridge Arena at City Centre Park, 1089 Langford Parkway
It’s time to let your nerd flag fly, Victoria!
Capital City Comic Con returns to Victoria Conference Centre & Crystal Garden next weekend from September 23rd to September 25th—and you’re invited!
- Friday, September 23rd – 3 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday, September 24th – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday, September 25th – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Conference Centre and Crystal Garden, 713 Douglas Street
Tickets still available! Experience a global tasting voyage with over 400 wines from around the world!
The highly anticipated Victoria International Wine Festival is back for it’s ninth year and, this time, will be taking place in Victoria’s historic rail roundhouse—the Car Shop at Bayview Place.
- Friday, September 23rd – 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 24th – 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: The Car Shop at Bayview
Do you have what it takes to climb the Classic Adventure Course in complete darkness? Join WildPlay tonight for Night Climb at WildPlay Victoria! Navigate log bridges, rope swings and ziplines with just the narrow beam of your headlamp and the light of the moon to guide your way!
- Friday, September 23rd – 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: WildPlay Victoria, 15-1767 Island Highway