Are you on the hunt for a new job?
If so, this free and informative event is for you!
Next Thursday, September 22nd, WorkBC is hosting a job fair in Langford—and you’re invited.
The job fair will take place at the Colwood Community Church from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m., and over 40 employers will be in attendance including Island Health, GFL, BC Transit, Expedia Cruises, Royal Roads, Tim Hortons and more!
The free event is open to all, and you can register online—registration is encouraged but not necessary.
You’ll have the chance to meet employers from a wide range of fields including trades, health care, public service, government, food service, retail, non-profit,
Available positions include part-time and full-
Planning to attend? Check out these tips below:
- Attendees are encouraged to ‘dress for success,’ and bring a current resume as many employers will be giving on-the-spot interviews
- WorkBC Centre Westshore will be onsite to assist with interview preparation and share tips and tricks on how to impress potential employers
- Job seekers that are eligible are also encouraged to sign up for WorkBC’s free employment services to fully benefit from one-on-one support
including resume and cover letter assistance, job coaching, career planning, potential access to the Wage Subsidy program, financial support for items like work clothing and certifications and much more
- Attendees will also be entered into a draw to win a free tablet – up to two winners!
- Event registration is not necessary but encouraged as those who register will receive a free job fair guide as well as an extra entry into a draw for the door prize—you can register here
- Where: Colwood Community Church – 2250 Sooke Road – accessible by bus with parking available!
- When: Thursday, September 22nd – 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- To register: Register online here