You made it to Friday, Victoria.
And after nearly 100 days of no rain, the wet stuff is in the forecast today, but don’t let that stop you from having fun.
Here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria this Friday, October 21st:
As Halloween approaches, when the barrier between the world of the living and the dead is thinnest, we are more likely to experience sightings and ghostly energies. Experience the dark and twisted past of Victoria’s most-infamous haunted buildings and hear spine-tingling tales of their resident ghosts!
- October 20th to 23rd, from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- October 27th to 31st, from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Victoria tours depart from the corner of Belleville and Menzies Streets, beside the Parliament Buildings
- Central Saanich tours depart from outside the Central Saanich Municipal Hall
October is the best time of year to pop by one of Victoria’s most haunted locations and this year a one-man show of Frankenstein will be an added bonus to your visit.
The production of Frankenstein is set to haunt the dance hall within Craigdarroch Castle on Friday and Saturday nights beginning on October 14th.
- When: October 14th to 29th, every Friday and Saturday at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Where: Craigdarroch Castle, 1050 Joan Crescent
Galey Farms is the place to be this October with their corn maze, pumpkin patch and highly anticipated Carnevil!
If you’re looking for some real scares, mark your calendar for the Carnevil and Festival of Fear events.
The 5,000 square foot Haunted House will be ready to spook you every Thursday, Friday and Saturday starting October 13th until October 31st. The PG13 haunted house has three “chicken exits” for those that need it.
- When: Starting October 13th until Halloween, check website for times
- Where: Galey Farms, 4150 Blenkinsop Road
Friday Night Skates are back at G.R. Pearkes. Enter through the main doors of the community centre! Skate rentals and protective gear are available!
- When: Friday, October 21st, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: 7979 Central Saanich Road
The cult classic has returned to the Vic Theatre. The Rocky Horror Show is made for outcasts, weirdos and freaks, so you know it’s awesome! And that’s why we love this event. Have you experienced audience participation?
- When: Friday, October 21st, starts at 7:15 p.m.
- Where: The Vic Theatre, 808 Douglas Street