Trick or treat, smell my feet. Now give me something good to eat.
The chills are in the air and Halloween is around the corner. If your little ones are ready to go, Victoria Buzz has compiled a list of locations in and around Victoria that will be handing out candy this Halloween.
From community events to candy session at the legislature, here are 7 locations handing out treats for the kids this Halloween:
Westshore Town Centre is opening its doors to little ghouls and goblins for in-
centre trick-or-treating at participating retailers on Monday, October 31 from 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM.
- When: Monday, October 31st, Trick or treat between 3:30 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Where: Westshore Town Centre, 2945 Jacklin Road
Downtown Sidney will be closed to traffic and invites little ghosts, goblins and princesses to enjoy a family trick-or-treat event on Halloween! Visit various Treat Stations around Sidney as well as at some of the local merchants. Free fun for the whole family!
- When: Monday, October 31st, from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: Businesses along Beacon Avenue, as well as side streets
Every Halloween, Oak Bay Village merchants host a giant community trick or treat! Participating merchants offer trick or treat in the stores from Foul Bay Road to Monterey Avenue. A complete list of participating merchants, identified by the pumpkin poster in their window, will be posted a week before Halloween.
Enjoy live music throughout the event as well as a variety of entertainment including jugglers, stilt walkers, hula hoopers, magic, balloon twisting and more.
Following the trick or treat, the annual community bonfire will celebrate Halloween in Fireman’s Park, next to the fire hall (1703 Monterey Avenue). The ceremonial lighting of the bonfire will take place at 6 p.m. Children are invited to help manage the bonfire throughout the evening, with firefighter assistance, by spraying water onto the fire with a real fire hose. The Kiwanis children’s costume parade will commence at 6:30 p.m. Hot dogs, pop, popcorn and candy are provided for children in costume courtesy of the Kiwanis Club of Oak Bay.
- Monday, October 31st, Trick or treat between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Ceremonial lighting of the bonfire will take place at 6 p.m.
- Costume parade starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Trick or treat: Foul Bay Road to Monterey Avenue
- Bonfire and other activities: 1703 Monterey Avenue
Children and families are invited to visit the Parliament Buildings on Halloween for some festive tricks and spooky treats.
- When: Monday, October 31st, from 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Parliament Buildings, 501 Belleville Street
Hosted by the Langford Fire Department, bring your little superheroes and skeletons, pirates and princesses to the Langford Station for a free family trick-or-treat experience.
- When: Monday, October 31st, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Where: The Langford Station, 720 Station Avenue
Experience a Magic Show by Jordano the Great of Tricky Magic, a renowned local Magician who has many tricks up his sleeve.
And get ready to experience the wonder of Magic Mixies, presented by Toys R Us. But it won’t be just tricks! Mayfair will be giving out treats after the show finished.
- When: Monday, October 31st, from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Mayfair Shopping Centre, 3147 Douglas Street
Take the little ones on a stroll around Uptown and watch for participating businesses with a “trick or treat here” sticker.
The list includes:
- A Step Ahead Footwear
- Amelia Lee
- Bellies in Bloom
- Booster Juice
- Browns Socialhouse
- Chopped Leaf
- Erito Sushi
- Famous Footwear
- Foxy Box
- Freedom Mobile
- H&R Block
- Modern Baby
- Moores Clothing for Men
- Oh Sugar
- Ono Poke
- Optiks International
- Outlooks for Men
- Pet Smart
- Premium Label
- Rogers’ Chocolates
- Salon Felice
- Shake It Bubble Tea
- Shoppe JV Interiors
- Shoppers Drug Mart
- Supplement King
- Suzy Shier
- Taylor & Colt
- The Bone & Biscuit
- The Noodle Box
- Urban Trail
- Whole Foods
- When: Monday, October 31st, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Uptown Shopping Centre, 3440 Saanich Road