Car enthusiasts from all over Greater Victoria are dressing their vehicles up for the third annual ‘Sidney Halloween Cruise’ this weekend.
The event started in 2020 at a time when Halloween was a drastically different affair with social distancing protocols in place.
Nikki Bunn drives a beautiful 1956 Chevy pickup truck and she started organizing the event to bring some joy to Sidney and the rest of Greater Victoria with her connections to car clubs from across the city.
The Torque Masters, PharaohS Southbay, and the Layed Out car clubs are taking part in this year’s cruise along with several car enthusiasts who don’t belong to a club.
Spectators can expect classic, modified, hot rod and muscle cars driving a designated route, decorated in the Halloween spirit.
The event will begin at 6 p.m. on Sunday, October 30th at the Sidney location of Canadian Tire in their parking lot. Drivers will then leave the lot at 7 p.m. and drive at a slow pace along their route, expecting to arrive back at the same Canadian Tire around 8 p.m. or 8:30 p.m.
The route is:
- Leaving Canadian Tire parking lot, make a left turn on McDonald Park Road
- Go down Beacon Ave as far as you can to the pier
- Go back to the roundabout turning on First Street
- Take the third exit off the next roundabout onto Fifth and Lochside
- Take the McTavish overpass to the airport via Canora Road
- Take second exit off the next Roundabout onto Willingdon Road
- Turn right onto West Saanich Road
- Turn right onto Munro Road
- Make a left on Wilson Road
- Then turn right onto John Road
- Keep going down McDonald Road, back to the Canadian Tire Parking Lot
The event will be happening rain or shine and everyone is welcome to take part in the cruise, meet at the Canadian Tire lot for some socialization before and after the cruise or to spectate along the route.
Sidney Halloween Cruise
- Where: Canadian Tire parking lot – 10300 McDonald Park Rd
- When: Sunday, October 30th from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.