The holiday season is about to get a whole lot more magical!
This season, you can board a magical train decked out in lights and take a 30-minute journey through the 100-acre park that’s lit up with lights and displays.
The Christmas Express, a hidden holiday gem event, take place at the BC Forest Discovery Centre is returning to Duncan this holiday season.
Board the Christmas Express passenger cars pulled by the Green Hornet locomotive and embark on a festive voyage through thousands of enchanting lights.
Thousands of visitors over the years have made a Christmas tradition of attending this colourful and entertaining event.
“We love hosting the Christmas Express and seeing the magic of the holiday on the faces of everyone that attends,” said Chris Gale, General Manager of the Centre.
“Because of the tendency for the Christmas Express to sell out we have added a few dates giving everyone the opportunity to visit the Centre on any of the 16 days now included in the festivities. We invite islanders to come and enjoy the festivities, the light displays and of course a magical train-ride on the Christmas Express.”
Attendees can enjoy activities like Christmas crafts, the fire pits, indoor entertainment, the miniature Christmas Village, concession goodies and you can cozy up in our festive photo area and take your own family photos with our 7-foot lifelike Santa Claus.
The well-known Green Hornet locomotive (with a little help from Santa’s reindeer) will take you on a journey of music, lights, and wonder that has become a Christmas tradition for so many families on Vancouver Island.
Kids of all ages will be singing along to their favourite carols as they take in the whimsical displays along the train ride.
Tickets must be purchased online and won’t be available at the door.
The Christmas Express runs from Friday, December 2nd to Monday, December 5th, Friday, December 9th to Monday, December12th, Thursday, December 15th to Sunday, December 18th, and Tuesday, December 20th to Friday, December 23rd for a total of 16 magical evenings.
The BC Forest Discovery Centre opens at 3:30 p.m. on these dates with train departures every 30 minutes beginning at 4 p.m. The last train departs at 8:30 pm.
For more information on schedules and tickets, visit the centre’s website.
- When: The train operates on the below dates from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Train leaves every 30 minutes from 4:30 to 9:30. Last train is at 9:00 p.m.
- Friday December 2nd, Saturday December 3rd, Sunday December 6th and Monday December 5th
- Friday December 9th, Saturday December 10th, Sunday December 11th, and Monday December 12th
- Thursday December 15th, Friday December 16th, Saturday December 17th, and Sunday December 18th
- Tuesday December 20th, Wednesday December 21st and Thursday December 222nd, and Friday December 23rd
- Where: BC Forest Discovery Centre, 2892 Drinkwater Road