Happy Thursday, Victoria.
Top of the month to you! It’s December and that means fun festive activities are upon us.
From twinkling holiday lights to magical love stories, here are five things to do throughout Victoria this Thursday, December 1st:
Holiday Craft and Vendor Fair
Featuring an incredible selection of items including jewelry, candles, gourmet food and baked items, ceramics, Christmas decor, artwork, home décor, clothing, knit/crochet goods, toys, and much more.
The Victorian is wheelchair accessible, with free parking. Please ensure you have cash on hand! A lot of our vendors do have card readers for purchases, but some will be cash only.
- Where: Atria the Victorian, 1773 Feltham Road
- When: Thursday, December 1st, 1 p.m.
The Buchart Gardens’ – Magic of Christmas light up
Join the Butchart Gardens on December 1 at 5 p.m. as they officially flip the switch for Christmas, and thousands of lights come on to mark the start of the Gardens’ Magic of the Christmas season.
Everyone is invited, and admission is included with your entry to the Gardens. Expect a grand light-up, carollers, and the excitement of Christmas.
The Light Up takes place in front of the Rose Carousel and staff will be available to guide you in the right direction. The lights come on at 5 p.m. sharp.
- Where: The Butchart Gardens, 800 Benvenuto Avenue
- When: Thursday, December 1st, Starts at 5 p.m.
Christmas Lights Across Canada
Come down to the BC Legislative Assembly on December 1st at 6 p.m. for Christmas Lights Across Canada. Enjoy seasonal music from three local choirs and Reynolds High School Band as you take in the lights and festive treats.
- Where: BC Legislative Assembly, 501 Belleville Street
- When: Thursday, December 1st, 6 p.m.
Almost, Maine is a series of loosely connected tales about love, each with a compelling couple at its centre, each with its own touch of magic.
- Where: Langham Court Theatre, 805 Langham Court
- When: Thursday, December 1st, 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Pastel Blank with Neighbourly and Niloo
Strap on your finest dancing boots and come on down to Victoria’s country bar, the Duke Saloon!
- Where: Duke Saloon, 502 Discovery Street
- When: Thursday, December 1st, Doors open at 8 p.m.