Happy Tuesday, Victoria.
While it is getting darker and darker earlier each day, the events are still happening. From Natalie MacMaster to swing jazz, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria this Tuesday, November 22nd:
Juno Award winning fiddle virtuosos Natalie MacMaster and Donnell Leahy are in Victoria to bring back their successful concert series, A Celtic Family Christmas. This intimate and unique show sold out everywhere prior to the pandemic and it will see the duo perform with their incredibly talented children playing Celtic and holiday favourites that are fun for the entire family.
- When: Tuesday, November 22nd, starts at 8 p.m.
- Where: Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street
Festival of Trees is a local community event during the holiday season where local businesses and organization along with members of the Victoria community come together in support of BC Children’s Hospital Foundation. Holiday trees are spruced up and on display at the Bay Centre, downtown Victoria, for the community to vote on and enjoy for free.
- When: Tuesday, November 22nd until January 3rd, during mall hours
- Where: The Bay Centre, 1150 Douglas Street
Elyott Ryan hosts another night of stand up comedy at Beacon Brewing and have they got a doozy for you! Comedians include Chris Betts, Henok Meresa, Jon Schab, Spencer Reid, and Darren Millar.
- When: Tuesday, November 22nd, from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Beacon Brewing, 9829 Third Street
Kemp is a banker. When he receives a phone call from an elderly aunt on her deathbed, he rushes across the country to pay her a visit, anticipating a swift funeral. But she’s not going just yet. As the seasons change and the weather turns, she defies his expectations in this deliciously absurd, incredibly funny, and poignantly tender play. “I’m worried about your health…it seems to be improving.”Vigil premiered at the Belfry in September 1995 and has played half the world over and been translated into two dozen languages.
- When: Tuesday, November 22nd, 7:30 p.m
- Where: Belfry Theatre, 1291 Gladstone Avenue
Enjoy swing jazz and cocktail culture in a vintage, prohibition era setting. Live jazz by the city’s favourite swing jazz musicians, with rotating bands each week and occasional pop-up features. This week: Speakeasy ft. Avram McCagherty and Friends.
- When: Tuesday, November 22nd, doors open at 7:30 p.m, show starts 8 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street