Looking to thrift for the perfect gift?
Whether you’re searching for a new fit or creative gifts on a budget this holiday season, we want to share with you some thrift stores that are giving back to their communities.
From thrift stores selling gently used designer goods to fashionable pieces that won’t break the bank, there are plenty of local thrift and consignment shops with stylish options and gift ideas.
Without further ado, here are 10 thrift shops in and around Victoria:
Celebrating 15 years in business, Victoria WIN supports women, trans, non-binary and Two Spirit people to provide healthy, environmentally and financially sustainable lives for individuals and their families.
- When: Monday to Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Victoria WIN, 785 Pandora Avenue
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is a Catholic organization that helps people find purpose and supports the less fortunate and marginalized communities in greater Victoria.
- Langford: Monday to Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Esquimalt: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: 1010 Craigflower Road, Esquimalt and 2784 Claude Road, Langford
Known by some as, “Victoria’s best kept secret.” Good Things Consignment was established in 1994 under the name Old Vogue Shop. Known for selling quality antiques, Good Things have since added luxury clothing and jewelry to its thrift inventory.
- When: Tuesday to Saturday 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Good Things Consignment, 104-1841 Oak Bay Avenue
Burnside Boutique offers quality, well-curated clothing for men, women and children as well as jewelry, small household items, books and specialty items.
If you’re interested in helping out, Burnside Gorge will be accepting applications by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 250-590-0875.
- When: Wednesday to Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday 12 p.m. 5 p.m.
- Where: Burnside Boutique, 350 Burnside Road
Pocket is a modern resale store that specializes in women’s and unisex clothing, jewelry, accessories, and shoes. Pocket thrift accepts donations all day from Tuesdays to Saturdays.
- When: Monday to Saturday: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday: 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Pocket, 1541 Fort Street
For over 30 years earnings from Beacon Thrift have helped support initiatives including Out of the Rain shelter for homeless youth. Kids’ literacy and play programs. Quality care for seniors living with dementia.
- When: Monday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (All 6 locations)
- Where: Beacon Thrift has six locations throughout Vancouver Island
- 715 Pandora Avenue, Victoria
- 2644 Quadra Street, Victoria
- 9756 Third Street, Sidney
- 9781 Third Street, Sidney
- 7060 West Saanich Road, Brentwood Bay
- 7105-B West Saanich Road, Brentwood Bay
Broad View Thrift Store opened in 2020 St. Aidan’s United and Cadboro Bay United Churches amalgamated. Today Broad View Thrift is committed to selling clean, quality clothing and usable items to the public and to community groups throughout the city.
- When: Tuesday 4 p.m. – 8 p.m., Wednesday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: 3703 St Aidans Street
For over 17 years Sailor Jack Consignment has sold an assortment of clothing for mothers and babies as well as toys for children.
Proceeds go towards The Cridge Young Parent Outreach Program, The Cridge Transition House, Victoria Pregnancy Centre and the Compassionate Resource Warehouse.
- When: Monday to Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: 424 Craigflower Road
Well-known thrift chain, Salvation Army is known for having good finds paired with great deals. If you’re struggling to come up with ideas check out their website to spark your great thriftmas spirit.
- 990 Hillside Avenue
- 1551 Cedar Hill Cross Road
- 3934 Quadra Street
- 525 Johnson Street
- 304 Island Hwy
- 765 Vanalman Avenue
- 777 Goldstream Avenue
Upcycle is a curated consignment and quality goods shop. Specializing in consignment pieces, slow fashion production & quality goods that are environmentally and socially sustainable.
- When: Sunday to Thursday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday to Saturday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: 517 Fort Street