Happy Friday folks! It’s the end of the work week and we’re excited as you are.
Here are 11 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend, November 26 – 27:
Organized by the Greater Victoria Festival Society, this annual parade features floats, music and entertainment for the whole family.
The community is invited to stop by the Victoria Public Market – Hudson Holiday Plaza at 1701 Douglas Street for entertainment, vendors and more.
- When: Saturday, November 26th, starting at 5 p.m.
- Where: The new parade route will begin in front of the Legislature on Government Street. It will then turn right onto Humboldt Street and will travel along Douglas Street, ending at Fisgard Street
Looking for the perfect show to spice up your holiday season?
Look no further than the cult classic The Rocky Horror Show, being performed by Victoria On-Stage Musical Theatre at McPherson Playhouse.
For a limited time only, from November 25th to December 4th, you can catch the production of Richard O’Brien’s rock musical—and tickets are on sale now!
And even better than that, we’re giving away a pair to one lucky winner—you’ll find those contest details below. Tickets available online
- November 25th to December 3rd at 7:30 p.m.
- December 4th at 2 p.m.
- Where: McPherson Playhouse, 3 Centennial Square
Boney M became European disco sensations in the 70s and 80s with hits such as “Ma Baker”, “Rivers of Babylon” and “Rasputin” which continue to be fan favourite party anthems today. The group has sold more than 100 million records worldwide, including eight number one singles and three number one albums. They continued to dominate the music industry with the release of their 1981 Christmas Album, with timeless holiday classics such as “Feliz Navidad”, “Mary’s Boy Child/Oh My Lord” and “Little Drummer Boy”.
Boney M has maintained their legendary status over the last 40+ years as original member Liz Mitchell continues to perform their greatest hits around the world.
- When: Saturday, November 26th, starting at 12 p.m.
- Where: Royal Theatre, Broughton Street
They’re going place is in town to deliver a hilarious, action-packed comedy show. Don’t miss them as they make their way around the country!
- When: Saturday, November 26th, starting at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Vinyl Envy, 1717 Quadra Street
Immerse yourself in the season as you stroll through over 70 one-of-a-kind festively decorated trees in support of BC Children’s Hospital during the Festival of Trees, sponsored by Scotiabank.
Festival of Trees is free and open daily during Bay Centre shopping centre hours. Closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- When: From now until January 3rd, view during shopping centre hours
- Where: The Bay Centre, 3125 Douglas Street
Haunted Manor has been decked out for Christmas and offers a fun and interactive way to engage as a group, whether it’s a birthday party, corporate team-building experience, or your special event. Their private events give you and your crew uninterrupted access to the entire venue.
- When: Saturday and Sunday 12 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Where: Haunted Manor, 711 Yates Street
Habitat for Humanity Victoria’s premier fundraiser, The Gingerbread Showcase is opening for its 14th year! Located in the atrium of the Parkside Hotel & Spa, the event will run from November 26th to January 2nd.
Stop by this local holiday treasure to view the fantastic 100% edible creations made by volunteer bakers, and don’t forget to donate to vote for your favourite! This year, they’ve asked bakers to interpret some magic into their creations with the theme: “Magical.”
100% of donations to the Gingerbread Showcase will help Habitat Victoria support affordable homeownership in Victoria.
Can’t make it in person to see these amazing creations? View and vote for your favourite creation online.
- When: Saturday, November 26th to January 2nd
- Where: Parkside Hotel & Spa, 810 Humboldt Street
Ballet Étoile presents ‘The Storybook Nutcracker’, a unique production bringing the classic Nutcracker story to life with engaging narration, vibrant costumes, and the intimate setting of the Charlie White Theatre. After receiving an unusual Christmas gift from her Uncle Drosselmeyer, Clara is swept away on a magical adventure to the Kingdom of the Sweets, encountering a number of enchanting characters along the way. ‘The Storybook Nutcracker’ is perfectly suited to younger audience members and first-time ballet attendees.
- Saturday, November 26th, 2 p.m. & 7 p.m.
- Sunday, November 27th, 2 p.m.
- Where: Mary Winspear, 2243 Beacon Avenue
On the heels of sold-out European Summer Festivals and this week’s appearance at Rock in Rio, the Offspring announced today that their Let the Bad Times Roll Tour is coming to Canada in late 2022, in support of their album of the same name released earlier this year. The nationwide tour, featuring support from Canadian rockers Simple Plan, will kick off in Halifax and hit 18 cities coast to coast.
- When: Sunday, November 27th, starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
Victoria’s most sought after weekly drag show! Hosted by the legendary Shelita Cox, with rotating headliners and appearances
- When: Sunday, November 27th, starts at 8 p.m.
- Where: Paparazzi Nightclub, 642 Johnson Street
Over 90 Vancouver Island Hand Makers will have a Meet and Greet at The Nooks Victoria. Limited Edition creations from your favourite local makers. The meet will include baskets full of Handmade goodies! You’ll also be able to meet with local makers to explore they make their products.
- When: Saturday, November 25th
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: 909 Government Street