Happy Friday, Victoria!
Enjoy the festive atmosphere at the Sooke Region Museum where you’ll find local artists, food, and moss cottage tours.
- When: Saturday, December 3rd, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Sooke Regional Museum, 2070 Phillips Road
Santa is coming to the Archie Browning Sports Centre! Join us on the ice for music and fun. The Esquimalt Lions’ Club will be providing hot chocolate for all the skaters.
- When: Saturday, December 3rd, 1:30 p.m.
- Where: Archie Browning Sports Centre, 1151 Esquimalt Road
The annual IEOA Truck Light Convoy and Food Drive is back and will be making its way through Victoria this December!
A fleet of commercial trucks and buses will light up the streets of Victoria for the annual truck light convoy and food drive, hosted by the Island Equipment Owners Association.
On December 3rd, starting at around 5:40 p.m., 80 vehicles will take to the streets as the holiday parade is set to start at the Breakwater District and Ogden Point.
This time around, there will be a few changes to the parade’s 35 km route. With the closure of Government Street, the glowing convoy will now make a right onto Belleville Street off of Blanshard Street before turning right onto Douglas Street.
- When: Saturday, December 3rd, starting at 5:40 p.m.
- Where: Starts at the Breakwater District at Ogden Point and ends at Bear Mountain Parkway, below are the time frames:
- 5:40 p.m.: Breakwater District / Ogden Point
- 6:30 p.m.: Oak Bay Avenue
- 7:00 p.m.: Yates Street at Blanshard Street
- 7:30 p.m.: Burnside Road West
- 8:00 p.m.: Goldstream Avenue and Veterans Memorial Parkway
- 8:30 p.m.: Bear Mountain Parkway
Immerse yourself in the season as you stroll through over 70 one-of-a-kind festively decorated trees in support of BC Children’s Hospital during the Festival of Trees, sponsored by Scotiabank.
Festival of Trees is free and open daily during Bay Centre shopping centre hours. Closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- When: From now until January 3rd, view during shopping centre hours
- Where: The Bay Centre, 3125 Douglas Street
One of the nerdiest holiday markets around. Looking for nerdy crafts and unique gift ideas? craft This craft fair specializes in nerdy crafts and art from talented local artisans!
- When: Saturday,December 3rd and Sunday, December 4th, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: 560 Johnson Street, Lower-Level Courtyard
Celebrating its 41st year, this is one of Victoria’s oldest and best-loved Winter Craft Fairs. Our carefully curated Vancouver Island and Gulf Island artisans offer an amazing variety of affordable handmade and homemade products. With over 60 vendors there will be something for everyone!
- When: Saturday, December 3rd, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Where: James Bay Community Centre, 140 Oswego Street
‘Tis the season of Holiday Magic! Enjoy a cozy beverage, warm fire, our massive holiday tree, crafts, and a visit from Santa! You may even see Luke the Sasquatch partaking in the holiday fun! Here you can find more details on each activity.
- When: Sunday, December 3rd to January 1st, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (see list of times)
- Where: Malahat Skywalk, 901 Trans-Canada Highway
A snowy pond hockey game, a battle on Parliament Hill, Mounties, and a cast of Canadian critters make this production memorable. Performed to live music by the Victoria Symphony.
- Where: The Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street
- When: Saturday, December 3rd to 4th, shows start at 1 p.m. and at 7 p.m.
- When: Sunday, December 4th, from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Where: Rainbow Kitchen, 500 Admirals Road
- When: The gardens are open from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m., with viewing until 10 p.m.
- Where: The Butchart Gardens, 800 Benvenuto Avenue
(in Pavilion + Ciderhouse)
(in Holiday Lane + Courtyard)
- When: Sunday, December 4th, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse, 2487 Michael Road, Saanichton
Esquimalt’s Celebration of Lights is a magical event for the whole family. Lights, Music, Food, Santa and it is FREE to the whole community.
There are many places to watch the parade as it runs along Esquimalt Road from Esquimalt Road and Canteen Road to the McDonald’s Entrance. Don’t forget to say hello to the Jolly Old Fellow himself at the end, as Santa loves to wave to the crowd.
After the parade, there will be hot chocolate and Christmas treats provided courtesy of local churches. Hot Dogs by donation to the Lions. Music by Maureen Washington, Local Schools and a special guest or two. Of course, Santa, who would love for you to stop by and say hello.
- When: Sunday, December 4th, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Where: Esquimalt Road, from Canteen Road to the McDonald’s Entrance
Join Peninsula Celebrations Society for the Sidney Sparkles Christmas Parade. The Parade route begins along Resthaven Drive and turns onto Beacon Avenue. It continues to run the length of Beacon Avenue, turning right onto Second Street and ending at Ocean Avenue.
Once the parade completes its route, people are encouraged to move to Beacon and Bevan wharves and the Sidney waterfront around Beacon Park. From there, they will be able to witness the Lighted Boat Parade, which starts at least 15-minutes after the Sidney Sparkles Christmas Parade
- When: Sunday, December 4th, starts at 5 p.m.
- Where: Begins along Resthaven Drive and turns onto Beacon Avenue before turning right onto Second Street and ending at Ocean Avenue
Free, drop-in event to showcase all the amazing artistic talent in the mental health community! The event includes 20+ artist vendors, live music, interactive creative activities, free snacks and refreshments.
- When: Sunday, December 4th, starts at 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
The Peninsula Singers last performed their Christmas Show in 2019, prior to the Covid-19 pandemic. The Peninsula Singers and Artistic Director Lena Palermo are eager and proud to present to you their gift of music with our Christmas 2022 show, ‘The Gift of Christmas’.
This show is a celebration of all the things they have enjoyed throughout the years, with music from traditional Christmas ensembles, rock, jazz and R&B Christmas classics to today’s Christmas music hits. Of course, the show would not be complete without their show band, dancers and featured young artists, as well as costumes, singalongs and of course lots of humour. It’s a show the whole family will enjoy. Join them December 2022 and share with your family and friends, ‘The Gift of Christmas!’
- When: December 2nd to December 4th, at 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. on Sunday
- Where: Charlie White Theatre at the Mary Winspear Centre, Sidney
Don’t miss the first Sunday Funday at Sonora Bar & Grill with Hip Hop Trivia. Lose yourself in the music, the moment and beat battle for the win. Featuring Hoyne beer, housemade Dorilocos, Margarita’s, drink specials & prizes!
- When: Sunday, December 4th, starts at 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: Sonora Bar & Grill, 531 Yates Street