Happy Friday, Victoria.
With another work week in the books now it’s time to kick back and relax.
From festive movies to holiday art battles, here are five things to do in and around Victoria this Friday, December 9th:
Come watch the paint fly before your eyes and help vote to determine the winner as artists battle the clock—and each other—in three fast-paced rounds.
All artwork will also be available for auction during this incredible night of community and creation!
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
- When: Friday, December 9th, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Illumination and Universal Pictures present The Grinch, based on Dr. Seuss’ beloved holiday classic. The Grinch tells the story of a cynical grump who goes on a mission to steal Christmas, only to have his heart changed by a young girl’s generous holiday spirit. Funny, heartwarming and visually stunning, it’s a universal story about the spirit of Christmas and the indomitable power of optimism.
- When: Friday, December 9th, 7:15 p.m.
- Where: IMAX in downtown Victoria, 675 Belleville Street
- When: Friday, December 9th, 7 p.m.
- Where: Herman’s Upstairs, 753 View Street
A Victoria Holiday Tradition, Jon and Roy bring their 13th Annual Holiday Special to the Royal Theatre on Friday, December 9th.
A night celebrating the band’s catalogue and showcasing new talent from across the country.
Joining Jon and Roy for this year’s revue-style concert are; Vancouver Indie Darling Haley Blais, Local Victoria Bluegrass sensation Bella White and upcoming Toronto Roots Musician Jeremie Albino.
Ensure you purchase your tickets early as this event sells out every year.
- When: Friday, December 9th, 8 p.m.
- Where: Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street
The Dope Show is a comedy showcase in which comedians perform a sober set, take a short intermission to toke up, and get back on stage to perform under the influence!
- When: Friday, December 9th, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: Metro Studio Theatre, 1411 Quadra Street