Congrats Victoria, you’ve made it to Thursday!
What a week it has been! From blizzards to frigid temperatures and closures lasting multiple days. It’s time to get out of the house and enjoy your evening.
From festive local markets to Harbour light ferry tours, here are five things to do in and around Victoria this Thursday, December 22nd:
Bassist Sean Drabitt reprises the holiday favourite presenting music from the Charlie Brown Christmas Special featuring Brent Jarvis (piano) and Hans Verhoeven (drums). The show runs with the TV Special showing on the venue screens.
- Where: Hermann’s Jazz Club, 753 View Street
- When: Thursday, December 22nd, 6 p.m.
Exclusive to Victoria Harbour Ferry, the 45-minute narrated upper harbour voyage tells the story of a child’s Winter Dream with 3-dimensional projected animations and sound-reactive lighting installations. The story inspires warm thoughts of the people we treasure, reminding us that this time of year is meant to be shared with those that we love.
The Ralmax Group of Companies, owners of Victoria Harbour Ferry, invite you to see Victoria from a different viewpoint – to look from the water to the land.
“Our thanks to Limbic Media for their beautiful story-telling and light creations, and to PaintScaping for bringing their internationally acclaimed 3-D light mapping from Los Angeles to Victoria Harbour.”
- Where: Tours depart from the Empress Dock on the Inner Harbour Causeway (across from Empress Hotel)
- When: December 2nd to December 31st
With over 90 local businesses showcasing their products across seven different markets, the 2022 Yuletide Market Series is not one to miss!
Designed as a retail pop-up store, the markets have a rotating list of vendors, ensuring you will find something new and unique each weekend.
This is a great way to shop locally as we head into the holiday season.
- Where: Bilston Creek Farm, 4185 Metchosin Road
- When: Monday, December 20th, 10 a.m. to Friday, December 23rd, 4 p.m.
Immerse yourself in the season as you stroll through over 70 one-of-a-kind festively decorated trees in support of BC Children’s Hospital during the Festival of Trees, sponsored by Scotiabank.
Festival of Trees is free and open daily during Bay Centre shopping centre hours. Closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Where: The Bay Centre, 3125 Douglas Street
- When: From now until January 3rd, view during shopping centre hours
Bundle up and stroll through thousands of twinkling lights featuring the Twelve Days of Christmas display, sing along to the sounds of the season with traditional carollers and festive brass, then stop in at the coffee shop to warm up with a hot chocolate and gingerbread by the fire.
- Where: The Butchart Gardens, 800 Benvenuto Avenue
- When: December 1st to January 6th, 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. daily