Happy Thursday, Victoria!
The end of the year is just a few days away so why wait for the weekend to celebrate?
From comedy shows to Pink Floyd music tributes, here are five things to do in and around Victoria this Thursday, December 29th:
Dan Duvall from Crave TV, is throwing a holiday show and he’s bringing friends. A night of comedy with the very funny:
Katie Ellen Humphries, Henok Meresa, Nash Park, Randee Neumeyer, Alistair Ogden and more.
- Where: Hecklers Bar and Grill, 123 Gorge Road
- When: Thursday, December 29th, 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Victoria’s own classic holiday ballet to Tchaikovsky’s timeless Nutcracker score played by the Victoria Symphony. Follow Clara’s adventures into a world of unexpected wonders, filled with colourful costumes, magic, humour, and dazzling dancing. Come and create enchanting memories with friends and family.
- Where: Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street
- When: Thursday, December 29th, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Imagine walking into a bar in the early 70’s, and Pink Floyd is in the corner playing their iconic Rock music…That is the vibe that “Relics” will be presenting at their show at Hermann’s Jazz Club (downstairs).
Songs from Pipers at the Gates of Dawn, Atom Heart Mother, Umma Gumma, Meddle, and of course, Dark Side of the Moon will be performed by these rabid Pink Floyd fans…
Charlie Fox, Keyboards, Phil Albert, Bass, Tom Bowler, guitar, Matt Pease, Drums, and special guest Paul Wainwright, sax.
- Where: Herman’s Jazz club, 75s View Street
- When: Thursday, December 29th, 7 p.m.
For all the K-pop lovers in Victoria, tonight is your night! All your favourite K-Pop idols, all your favourite videos! It’s the Lucky Bar K-Pop Night…
- Where: Lucky Bar, 517 Yates Street
- When: Thursday, December 29th, 10 p.m.
Tonight the Great Divide are set to perform the music of The Band from their careers with Bob Dylan, through Music From Big Pink and up to The Last Waltz.
Performing with their true instrumental line-up, The Great Divide celebrates the music of The Band with an authenticity that is unmatched.
- Where: Hermann’s Upstairs, 753 View Street
- When: Thursday, December 29th, 8 p.m.